Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Reserve massage etc. in Qantas First Class lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Flying Sydney to LAX in first class, using AA frequent flier miles, QF 11 at 1:05 pm.

Would like to reserve a massage in the spa prior to day of the flight. Is this possible and if so, what is the procedure?

How long before flight time would we be able to use the lounge, and is there any other advice you can give for making the most of our time in the lounge?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
They usually call you on the number in the reservation the day before and ask what you require.
if you will be away maybe you should call the res line and ask for the concierge to call you.
they then gave me a cell no to call the day before.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aussielori
They usually call you on the number in the reservation the day before and ask what you require.
if you will be away maybe you should call the res line and ask for the concierge to call you.
they then gave me a cell no to call the day before.
+1. That's my experience as well.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 2:17 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Maximising F Lounge Time

As noted above, the First Host will call you the day before to organise Spa appointments etc. Check-in opens 4 hours before the LAX departure and if this is your first visit to the F Lounge I would aim to be there at the the time check-in opens. The Express Path Area through Immigration and Security is immediately in front of the F check-in desks. Just be careful not to eat too much food in the lounge if you plan on having the 8 course Tasting menu SYD-LAX The link below will take you to a beginners guide to the F Lounge
http://www.ausbt.com.au/seven-expert...t-class-lounge

Enjoy
Old Aug 18, 2012, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
As noted above, the First Host will call you the day before to organise Spa appointments etc. Check-in opens 4 hours before the LAX departure and if this is your first visit to the F Lounge I would aim to be there at the the time check-in opens. The Express Path Area through Immigration and Security is immediately in front of the F check-in desks. Just be careful not to eat too much food in the lounge if you plan on having the 8 course Tasting menu SYD-LAX The link below will take you to a beginners guide to the F Lounge
http://www.ausbt.com.au/seven-expert...t-class-lounge

Enjoy

Thanks for the great link. Really helpful.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:51 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I didn't get a call by 2:30PM the day prior to QF127 so I called the lounge, they took my requested treatment details and preferred time and the First host called me back.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I didn't get a call by 2:30PM the day prior to QF127 so I called the lounge, they took my requested treatment details and preferred time and the First host called me back.
Twice I never got a call. The service is failing me thinks.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I have seen posts for the SYD F lounge phone number, but I will need the MEL F lounge phone number in the coming months. Does anyone know what it is, and if so can you post it or PM it to me?

Thanks - Bob
Old May 3, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
SPA Reservation- Not Flying F, but OW Emerald

I'm not flying F, however I'll have access to the First Lounge in SYD due to my OW Emerald Status. Does anyone know if I will still be able to reserve a massage, and if so how (without the First Host call)?
Old May 3, 2013, 1:58 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Only when you arrive, not before unless you are flying F.
Old May 3, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by nux
Only when you arrive, not before unless you are flying F.
OK, thanks. I'll be there as soon as checking in is open (T-4)!
Old May 3, 2013, 3:54 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
OK, thanks. I'll be there as soon as checking in is open (T-4)!
I was under the impression that landside check-in opens at T-3 hrs.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by og
I was under the impression that landside check-in opens at T-3 hrs.
Except for the SYD-LAX A380 flights..
Old May 23, 2013, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I'm on QF127 SYD-HKG next week in F, but I'm in NZ and flying in on QF50. I put my NZ mobile in the QF booking. Any experience on if a first host will call me on that or if I should try to call to reserve spa time (which might be super-tight given opening time and departure time to HKG).
Old May 23, 2013, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I'm on QF127 SYD-HKG next week in F, but I'm in NZ and flying in on QF50. I put my NZ mobile in the QF booking. Any experience on if a first host will call me on that or if I should try to call to reserve spa time (which might be super-tight given opening time and departure time to HKG).
My parents were called on their NZ landline the day before on an identical connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.