Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:55 am
Original Poster

One for the adventurous maybe, but Tianjin airlines LGW-HND with stops in Chongquing and Tianjin(overnight).

Seems limited dates in Sept/Oct only on Weds/Sats

15/10-19/10 works on Kayak (not sure how bookable as GS website down for maintenance)

Only £514 to CKG and TSN (Only a 33min train ride to Beijing)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: Some
Thanks for posting, very tempted to try this given the price - any information anyone has seen on what GS's A330 J will be like (beyond the fact that it will have 18 seats)?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Can't get it to price out.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Thanks for posting, very tempted to try this given the price - any information anyone has seen on what GS's A330 J will be like (beyond the fact that it will have 18 seats)?
All I could find is this: http://www.traveleads.co.uk/blog/Tia...-Gatwick-route If the picture is to believe then it is the same fully flat beds that TK, CA, HU etc. use.

Edit: Actually looks like a photo of HU business class.

Last edited by pogonation; Jun 19, 2016 at 3:49 pm
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
I'm really interested in this as I'm keen to visit Japan soon but not really happy to commit without knowing what the product looks like! I might be able to get a look on one of the planes in a few weeks and will let people know what they're like if I do.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
All I could find is this: http://www.traveleads.co.uk/blog/Tia...-Gatwick-route If the picture is to believe then it is the same fully flat beds that TK, CA, HU etc. use.

Edit: Actually looks like a photo of HU business class.
In fact, This A330 is brought from HU. But I'm not sure they will really keep the 18 business seats.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Very interesting, thanks OP. Just booked one of these via Opodo (was unable to do it via the airline website in Chinese) to Tianjin for my partner to have a two week trip back to China in late Aug.

Eticket issued within a few mins and clearly shows fare bucket Z business and shows luggage allowance is 2 pieces (from Tianjin air website, at 23kg each).

Fingers crossed it all works out.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
TWOV should apply if the total time in China from scheduled first llanding in Chongquing to scheduled (second) departure from Tianjin after the overnight stop/connection is under 24 hours in all.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
And I thought Hainan Airlines was a no-name airline...
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by plunet
Very interesting, thanks OP. Just booked one of these via Opodo (was unable to do it via the airline website in Chinese) to Tianjin for my partner to have a two week trip back to China in late Aug.

Eticket issued within a few mins and clearly shows fare bucket Z business and shows luggage allowance is 2 pieces (from Tianjin air website, at 23kg each).

Fingers crossed it all works out.
Same booked on Opodo this afternoon.I only got Booking on request email from them.Now It looks like be canceled.

9115 - Please note that the Airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights. Please modify your reservation, or contact your travel agent for further information. (9115)
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by dhc311
Same booked on Opodo this afternoon.I only got Booking on request email from them.Now It looks like be canceled.

9115 - Please note that the Airline has cancelled one or more of your selected flights. Please modify your reservation, or contact your travel agent for further information. (9115)
Humm, bad luck. It still seems to be pricing out ok - maybe try you luck with another booking if you can ascertain there it really has been cancelled?

Just checked and the reservation is still there and viewable in Amadeus. Also just added the PNR in my flights app and I can see that the fare rules are ZK6MGB although there's no way to see what the rules are. Does anyone on here have some way to look those up?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:12 am
AHO

Originally Posted by plunet
Humm, bad luck. It still seems to be pricing out ok - maybe try you luck with another booking if you can ascertain there it really has been cancelled?

Just checked and the reservation is still there and viewable in Amadeus. Also just added the PNR in my flights app and I can see that the fare rules are ZK6MGB although there's no way to see what the rules are. Does anyone on here have some way to look those up?
If the fare basis is ZK6MGB, there is a risk of mismapping of the booking class agains cabin class.

According to ExpertFlyer, Tianjin Airlines booking class mapping looks like this:
Code:
GS  7966 
LGW 16/10/19 22:25 
TSN 16/10/20 22:20 
C9 D4 I2 R2 J0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 L9 M9 X9 V8 N7 Z6 W9 T0 Q2 U3 E3 G0 S0 O0
Which I guess that C, D, I, R and J classes are for Business class and the other booking classes are for Economy class.

Z class belongs to Economy class then.

The cheapest published Business class fare of Tianjin Airlines for trip between London - Tianjin is 977 GBP excl. taxes and surcharges.

Code:
Routing Details Search:	 Departing LON on 16/10/16 for TSN
 Fare basis code RRTGB
 Flying GS
 Routing via Eastern Hemisphere

V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   RRTGB          R R  1384.00 E03OC DT10DE  -    -/  - EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-LON TO-TSN    CXR-GS    TVL-16OCT16  RULE-GB11 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-RRTGB             SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
GBP   977.00  0011  E03OCT16 D10DEC16   FC-RRTGB  FN-N   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 16MAY16/0216  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG LON-TSN/GS11  /TAR-EURG    EF-17MAY16 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. LON-GS-TSN
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Deleted (AHO replyed faster than me)
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:36 am

Hmm, drat, drat, double drat if this is a fare bucket mismatch.
Having worked out how to check the ticket with tianjin website...

http://www.tianjin-air.com/frontend/...etCheck.action

First box is the eticket number starting 826
Second box is the passenger name as shown on your eticket in the format SURNAME/FIRSTNAME
Third box is the capcha

The resulting page shows that the ticket is valid, shows a fare class of Z but doesn't qualify that its economy or business or luggage allowance.

So how does that really map out? Opodo have obviously misrepresented the ticket (I have screen captures of the booking process which clearly shows business). Just play dumb and then throw the toys out of the pram at LGW and cite EU261 for a downgrade? I suspect the best option is to get onto Opodo and get them to cancel at their cost?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by AHO
If the fare basis is ZK6MGB, there is a risk of mismapping of the booking class agains cabin class.

According to ExpertFlyer, Tianjin Airlines booking class mapping looks like this:
Code:
GS  7966 
LGW 16/10/19 22:25 
TSN 16/10/20 22:20 
C9 D4 I2 R2 J0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 L9 M9 X9 V8 N7 Z6 W9 T0 Q2 U3 E3 G0 S0 O0
Which I guess that C, D, I, R and J classes are for Business class and the other booking classes are for Economy class.

Z class belongs to Economy class then.

The cheapest published Business class fare of Tianjin Airlines for trip between London - Tianjin is 977 GBP excl. taxes and surcharges.

Code:
Routing Details Search:	 Departing LON on 16/10/16 for TSN
 Fare basis code RRTGB
 Flying GS
 Routing via Eastern Hemisphere

V FARE BASIS     BK    FARE   TRAVEL-TICKET AP  MINMAX  RTG
  1   RRTGB          R R  1384.00 E03OC DT10DE  -    -/  - EH01
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT                 AUTO PRICE-YES              
FROM-LON TO-TSN    CXR-GS    TVL-16OCT16  RULE-GB11 IPREUAS/4
FARE BASIS-RRTGB             SPECIAL FARE  DIS-E   VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-BX      RT-BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
GBP   977.00  0011  E03OCT16 D10DEC16   FC-RRTGB  FN-N   
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 16MAY16/0216  EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG LON-TSN/GS11  /TAR-EURG    EF-17MAY16 DIS-INDEF

/WITHIN THE EASTERN HEMISPHERE/
DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
 1. LON-GS-TSN
Thanks for dragging that detail out of booking systems AHO....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.