Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS London-Tokyo £710 RT ai J

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:11 am

So this is a £709 LON->HND economy fare with two stops in mainland China and a 40+ hour travel time. That is exciting
Old Jun 20, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bonzo
So this is a £709 LON->HND economy fare with two stops in mainland China and a 40+ hour travel time. That is exciting
But £530 to Tianjin from London in Business Class with decent luggage allowance was a good deal and just 18hr journey time, no overnight stops needed.

My partner needs to get to and from China with a known luggage allowance, so we have made some further enquiries. We don't need a situation at Gatwick checkin.

Tianjin Airlines office in Tianjin (Mandarin speaking) have confirmed that Z class is Economy. They can see that the ticket doesn't make sense as it has two pieces of luggage on it and are looking into the situation and have promised a call back. Opodo on the other hand still think its a business class flight.

Based upon what we have learned we're going to press for a refund. Whilst drama at checkin might be what some want, and a dose of EU261, I somehow doubt that Tianjin air are going to really understand their EU responsibilities and probably don't have a legal entity in the UK yet to pursue for monies.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Of course they have a legal entity in the UK. How else would they even get the permit to fly to Gatwick? Come on.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:57 pm
AHO

Originally Posted by plunet
But £530 to Tianjin from London in Business Class with decent luggage allowance was a good deal and just 18hr journey time, no overnight stops needed.

My partner needs to get to and from China with a known luggage allowance, so we have made some further enquiries. We don't need a situation at Gatwick checkin.

Tianjin Airlines office in Tianjin (Mandarin speaking) have confirmed that Z class is Economy. They can see that the ticket doesn't make sense as it has two pieces of luggage on it and are looking into the situation and have promised a call back. Opodo on the other hand still think its a business class flight.

Based upon what we have learned we're going to press for a refund. Whilst drama at checkin might be what some want, and a dose of EU261, I somehow doubt that Tianjin air are going to really understand their EU responsibilities and probably don't have a legal entity in the UK yet to pursue for monies.
But in this case was not Tianjin Airlines showed wrong cabin class, but Opodo.
Thus Tianjin Airlines is not guilty to compensate downgrade under EC261/2004.

Opodo which sold a Economy class ticket as a Business class ticket is a responsible part.

An exemple:
Say thay you have ordered a Porsche Cayenne from a third party car dealer and you have got a Skoda Octavia instead.
Porsche is not responsible to compensate you a Cayenne well?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Hey,

I booked my flight with Fly.Co.Uk.

Yesterday i saw on checkmytrip, it was canceled.
But today I've got an email, that the flight is confirmed. Even checkmytrip was changed to confirmed.
But all confirmed in Z class.

So I called Fly.co.uk and they confirmed, it is business class. After your comments here, I informed them, that Z class is economy class, which was confirmed by the Airlines.

So now, Fly.co.uk sent an request to the airline, why it disappear in Z class, as I have a confirmed business ticket.

Anyone in same situation?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Michael Myshu
Hey,

I booked my flight with Fly.Co.Uk.

Yesterday i saw on checkmytrip, it was canceled.
But today I've got an email, that the flight is confirmed. Even checkmytrip was changed to confirmed.
But all confirmed in Z class.

So I called Fly.co.uk and they confirmed, it is business class. After your comments here, I informed them, that Z class is economy class, which was confirmed by the Airlines.

So now, Fly.co.uk sent an request to the airline, why it disappear in Z class, as I have a confirmed business ticket.

Anyone in same situation?
It seems that there might be some ongoing conversations between Opodo and Tianjin Airlines, but no further update as yet. Opodo still assert it is a business class ticket that has been issued, but conversations with the airline in China contradict this.

The route is scheduled to have its first flights this coming Saturday from LGW.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:11 pm

Ah So I am not the only one?

U have a ticket too?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by modjo
One for the adventurous maybe, but Tianjin airlines LGW-HND with stops in Chongquing and Tianjin(overnight).

Seems limited dates in Sept/Oct only on Weds/Sats

15/10-19/10 works on Kayak (not sure how bookable as GS website down for maintenance)

Only £514 to CKG and TSN (Only a 33min train ride to Beijing)
Ummm, no...but, still a very cool fare.^
Old Jun 30, 2016, 4:08 pm

Any news anyone?

I have still no reply from Fly.co.uk
Old Jul 1, 2016, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
TWOV should apply if the total time in China from scheduled first llanding in Chongquing to scheduled (second) departure from Tianjin after the overnight stop/connection is under 24 hours in all.
I think you are very wrong here. For TWOV you MUST enter and leave at the same airport, no domestic transfers allowed. (only exception is Shanghai, where you can use both airports) Also you mustn't leave the city limits where the TWOV was issued for (exception - the whole of Guangdong province)
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think you are very wrong here. For TWOV you MUST enter and leave at the same airport, no domestic transfers allowed. (only exception is Shanghai, where you can use both airports) Also you mustn't leave the city limits where the TWOV was issued for (exception - the whole of Guangdong province)
This is for the 72 hour TWOV. For the 24 hour TWOV, you can have domestic transfers.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:28 am

Did anyone got a confirmation for the business ticket?
Fly.co.uk is not giving me back any information..
Old Jul 1, 2016, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
As belfordrocks correctly states, the 24 hour TWOV allows multiple stops within china.

Your total time in China from first landing until last take-off cannot exceed 24 hours. Otherwise you can knock yourself out!

Check passport eligibility as some nationalities can't use 24-hour TWOV at certain ports:

24-Hour TWOV

24 Hour TWOV: available in most cities except Fuzhou (FOC) or Yanji (YNJ), and the only option if you have more than one stop or transit in China##

Note: passengers travelling on US and Canadian passports are not permitted to use the multiple-stop transit within China if transiting through Tianjin (TSN), Weihai (WEH), Wuhan (WUH), Xi'an (XIY) or Zhengzhou (CGO).
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How could you possibly make such an offensive accusation in absence of factual knowledge?!?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:00 am

Any News?

Got anyone confirmed? it takes too long now..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.