Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Airport Genital Cupping...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by Alex71
A couple months ago, Germany was sued by the European Comission for what they claim are lax security checks at German airports. If the EC wins, things will only get tighter...
That's exactly the reason. Frankfurt security failed EU-led tests to detect weapons etc. They were able to get guns past security 50% of the time. This called the EU commission on the scene threatening huge fines and other dire consequences so they stepped up the game and made life even more miserable for all of us.
http://news.yahoo.com/eu-inspection-...120117583.html
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bhomburg
That's exactly the reason. Frankfurt security failed EU-led tests to detect weapons etc. They were able to get guns past security 50% of the time. This called the EU commission on the scene threatening huge fines and other dire consequences so they stepped up the game and made life even more miserable for all of us.
http://news.yahoo.com/eu-inspection-...120117583.html
So... they already have a detection rate 10x higher than the TSA?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:58 am

Got an email back from politzei.bund.de regarding my complaint yesterday. Apparently they are going to look into it.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:00 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by javabytes
So... they already have a detection rate 10x higher than the TSA?
It's rather easy to smuggle WEIs via the airport screening checkpoints in the U.S., Canada and the EU/EEA. Strip search machines and groping passengers' loins won't result in a very highly reliable process to stop that.

The hand inspection of cabin bag contents and re-X-raying of bags doesn't do all that some imagine that it should. That is all I will say about that.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 11:26 am

Sexual assault at Frankfurt airport

Hi Dr G
i also have now experienced two utterly humiliating searches at Frankfurt gate z security. I am a breast cancer survivor and did not want to be searched in public. The first time I passed through Frankfurt in October I asked to go to the private cubicle after my scan flagged me. Even though I told them I was a breast cancer patient they vigorously manhandled my person to investigate my bra. I came away and told my husband that I felt I had been sexually assaulted. Yesterday we had to pass through Frankfurt again and I deliberately did not wear a bra but still got flagged by the scanner. My heart sank when I told them to take me to the cubicle. I told them they could not touch my breasts. They then brought a female border guard who shouted at me and demanded my passport. In panic and distress I removed all my upper clothing. She continued to threaten me and said she was going to call the airline so I couldn’t board the flight. They continued to touch my body including my genital area. By this time I was sobbing. I got dressed and sat outside as this dreadful security woman laughed at me. It was one of the most humiliating experiences of my life. The only person who showed any compassion was a young male policeman who told me I wasn’t the only woman who was searched in there that day and that I was going to be allowed on the plane and that I should write to the airline which I did. I will also be writing to The Guardian newspaper. Do not fly with Lufthansa or pass through Frankfurt airport. Warn your family and friends that you should expect to be physically and sexually assaulted at Frankfurt airport. The normalisation of unwanted physical touch should be prevented and we can all raise awareness of the creeping infringement of our human rights.
i hope you are over your ordeal. You are not alone
regards
Ddannemi
u01sss3 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by Ddanneemi
Hi Dr G
i also have now experienced two utterly humiliating searches at Frankfurt gate z security. i hope you are over your ordeal. You are not alone
regards
Ddannemi
Hi Ddannemi,

Welcome to FT. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear it was humiliating. Hopefully you bringing your experience to local authorities/airline will result in others not having to duplicate your experience.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post # 79)
It's rather easy to smuggle WEIs via the airport screening checkpoints in the U.S., Canada and the EU/EEA. Strip search machines and groping passengers' loins won't result in a very highly reliable process to stop that.
WEI = ?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:49 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
WEI = ?
Weapons, Explosives, Incendiaries.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you. Sorry for not checking the FlyerTalk Glossary first.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glos...tterSelected=W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.