Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another first-hand account of the new patdowns...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Plat UA Premier
The latest from NBC LA.

This wasn't the one I was really looking for. That story was short and showed a Nude-O-Scope picture of a well endowed man. I mean well endowed. He could be very popular with the TSA ladies.

People are not liking this and now it is on the main stream media. We may yet win this battle.^
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
just a thought, if the sliding up the leg until resistance is met, is met with the resistance of knees locked together? Just a thought...
With a bit of practice one can tighten the thighs and glutes to the point where a screener's hand meets resistance long before it meets "resistance."
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by doober
With a bit of practice one can tighten the thighs and glutes to the point where a screener's hand meets resistance long before it meets "resistance."
I always thought it would be interesting to put a 'cup' on. They're plastic and will definitely provide the 'resistance' they're looking for. If asked about it, you can say its a anti-groping protective measure.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Pat-Down Procedures

When conducting a standard pat down, a same-gender TSA screener will use a sliding method to verify external areas of the body for weapons or explosive materials. This process includes sliding his/her gloved hand up each leg until resistance is met.
So much for there being "No change" to the "Standard pat down".

Originally Posted by tehiota
I always thought it would be interesting to put a 'cup' on. They're plastic and will definitely provide the 'resistance' they're looking for. If asked about it, you can say its a anti-groping protective measure.
Yes, and as we've discovered, anything they can't "resolve" in their grope-fest gets you a one way ticket to the private perv room and an ACTUAL strip search, to "Resolve the anomaly".

Of course, you DO want to fly today, don't you?

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Nov 12, 2010 at 11:44 am Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:09 am

What happens if a woman is wearing a feminine pad, and they meet that resistance?
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by pubpad
What happens if a woman is wearing a feminine pad, and they meet that resistance?
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I´ve asked that question many times, with no reasonable response from the local TSA folk. Apparently, they pat them down, which of course is invasive and does not determine if they are in fact "just" a feminine pad. Which of course demonstrates how the process is useless...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 11:00 am

[QUOTE=pubpad;15120476]What happens if a woman is wearing a feminine pad, and they meet that resistance?[/QUOTE

One of the TSO here as answered me a few weeks ago.

That they are not allowed to check out if any "diapers" is for real or not.
I would think that would include any feminine pad.

That brings back the question again. If TSA is so afraid of people hiding things in their privates. How do they then know if it is for real or not if they dont find out?
Somehow that doesnt make kind of sense at all what they are saying.
Somethings are not adding up.

But then again nothing they do make any kind of sense.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tehiota
Exactly my thought, also.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
I'm thinking I'll be wearing a double layer of Depends for my holiday flight at Thanksgiving....And at least a couple of exercise bras...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
I'm thinking I'll be wearing a double layer of Depends for my holiday flight at Thanksgiving....And at least a couple of exercise bras...
A double layer of Depends could get uncomfortable - unless the idea is the get them all excited that they have caught their terrorist. I'm thinking of heavy duty Depends and a heavy duty pad.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by doober
A double layer of Depends could get uncomfortable - unless the idea is the get them all excited that they have caught their terrorist. I'm thinking of heavy duty Depends and a heavy duty pad.
Make sure you eat some asparagus and take a leak in them as well.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Two pairs of padded bike shorts, with one pair worn backwards, so that it covers your front side. I guess not the gel kind , I've got a pair of Pearl Izumis that are pretty thick.

Push-up/enhancer pads in your bra(s). Couple of tank/cami's on top.

Skirt or pants with a built in drawstring, tied very tight, to prevent feeling/looking inside.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BubbaLoop
Welcome to Flyertalk!

I´ve asked that question many times, with no reasonable response from the local TSA folk. Apparently, they pat them down, which of course is invasive and does not determine if they are in fact "just" a feminine pad. Which of course demonstrates how the process is useless...

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, it does seem useless once you think about if someone truly wanted to smuggle something on bad enough, they would hide it inside of their body, where it cannot be detected.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:16 pm

Or, alternatively, one could go the other direction...

Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by neko
Two pairs of padded bike shorts, with one pair worn backwards, so that it covers your front side. I guess not the gel kind , I've got a pair of Pearl Izumis that are pretty thick.

Push-up/enhancer pads in your bra(s). Couple of tank/cami's on top.

Skirt or pants with a built in drawstring, tied very tight, to prevent feeling/looking inside.
Better yet, a pair of pants with a sewn in belt, pulled tight:

http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?...DUCT&cm_vc=100

They are available for women also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.