Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mikey's Mom posts on PV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
Blogger Bob does not delete-o-meter posts that disagree with the TSA line, he only deletes those he feels are overly disrespectful. All in all he keeps a good balance.
Your rudder is adrift TK. I have had post not accepted at PV that completely complied with TSA posting standards.

I can't say it happens often but Bob has censored submissions to PV without cause.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Your rudder is adrift TK. I have had post not accepted at PV that completely complied with TSA posting standards.

I can't say it happens often but Bob has censored submissions to PV without cause.
Like I said if he feels the post is too disrespectful he will delete-o-meter it. The post may comply with the letter of the posting policy but not the spirit.

I have offered twice on my blog for people to post what the TSA deletes. Rarely have I been taken up on the offer.

I still say Blogger Bob does a decent job on the blog.

I am going to drop this issue now as I don't want to derail this thread.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like I said if he feels the post is too disrespectful he will delete-o-meter it. The post may comply with the letter of the posting policy but not the spirit.

I have offered twice on my blog for people to post what the TSA deletes. Rarely have I been taken up on the offer.

I am going to drop this issue now as I don't want to derail this thread.
Do you use a text editor to prepare and save your comments for the various blogs?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 9:57 pm

Do you use a text editor to prepare and save your comments for the various blogs?
Most of the time I do copy my text in case there is a glitch, if I think there is any chance of my post making the delete-o-meter I copy it and email it to myself.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I'm thinking that if she was already getting media attention, Blogdad Bob's post will probably just add more fuel to the fire as she'll be able to use that response as a "see what a cluster$@!% this organization is."
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by ajax
Do you think it's well written? I think it could have been harder-hitting, to be honest.
Yes, it could have been. She could, indeed, have made a laughing-stock of herself by going completely overboard and posting something along these lines:

Those Commie, Fascist, perverts of this disgusting un-American agency raped my son with their secondary carnival antics and for no other reason than that Kip Hawley is an idiot.
On the other hand, the post that she made, because of its very reasonableness, is more effective than a thousand of those kind of rants.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
On the other hand, the post that she made, because of its very reasonableness, is more effective than a thousand of those kind of rants.
I completely agree! She has said more about the TSA and accomplished more in just one very reasonable and very personal post than any one of us have ever come close to accomplishing. Blogdad Bob has only two options: ignore it entirely, or do something the entire DHS has never done -- publicly apologize. It would be incredible classy if Gale or Nappy apologized. But, we all know that will never happen.

To say her post blew me away was an understatement.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
To say her post blew me away was an understatement.
Absolutely.

Bob goes on the offensive with a "oh, great... another kid on the TSA No-Fly List story. "

Then, the mother shows up with a simple, "Um... all we wanted was to have someone from the TSA work with us to resolve the situation and instead we get an eyeroll."

Mikey's mother is now a sympathetic figure and Bob looks like nothing more than a dismissive TSA mouthpiece.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by videomaker
WTG, mom. ^

I'd love to see a response from Blogger Bob, but am not holding my breath.
Do you really want to see him step on his crank with golf shoes again? It wasn't a pretty sight the first time...
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by n4zhg
Do you really want to see him step on his crank with golf shoes again? It wasn't a pretty sight the first time...
I would say he is pretty much d__kless after Mrs. Hicks was done with him.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:44 pm

Excuse me, TK. Until now, Bob had some modicum of sympathy from me for being pretty even-handed in a very distasteful job whiile PV turned progressively from its original stated purpose into just a TSA press release and damage control machine, and nothing more. But this, TK, takes the cake. I know TSA dictates most of what Bob posts. For Bob to argue semantics was bad enough, but TSA-dictated, I have no doubt. But to compare this eight-year-old child to a tacky utube cat video really, really is over the edge. If ever I had the tiniest shred of forebearance for Bob, that's now gone permanently. His conduct was inexcusable. TSA didn't dictate that bit of disrespect and cavalier lack of concern. Bob did that all by himself. This child has been repeatedly patted down for years, a process obviously unnecessary even for the most die-hard TSO, and with which the child is obviously uncomfortable. And Bob thinks it's a chuckle to compare that to a tacky video of a cat in a satin jacket playing a piano.

This woman's quiet, understated grace shines like the evening star. At the risk of being pithy, a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. I devoutly hope, for the sake of this child, her calm and reasonable demeanor spurs someone -- anyone -- to straighten out this mess. And I hope this shines a light for all of the other people subjected to this behavior. She's a woman I've pointed out to my granddaughters as a role model.

~~ Irish

Last edited by Cholula; Jan 17, 2010 at 9:06 pm Reason: Personal commentary on another FT'er
Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:45 pm

I would say he is pretty much d__kless after Mrs. Hicks was done with him.
^ ^ ^

~~ Irish
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Folks, we've removed several personal attacks and commentary on a fellow FTer.

Attacks are not allowed on any FT'er regardless of whether the work for the TSA/DHS or anywhere else.

Your cooperation is adhering to this rule is appreciated throughout the various threads here in TS/S and elsewhere on FT.

Cholula
TS/S Co-Moderator
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
Blogger Bob's likely response

Blogger Bob's likely response to the Mom's excellent post will be to try to get fines levied against Continental and US. That is, after all, the TSA party line--that airlines that "falsely" claim a passenger is on a DHS/TSA blacklist get fined.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by IrishDoesntFlyNow
Excuse me, TK. Until now, Bob had some modicum of sympathy from me for being pretty even-handed in a very distasteful job whiile PV turned progressively from its original stated purpose into just a TSA press release and damage control machine, and nothing more. But this, TK, takes the cake. I know TSA dictates most of what Bob posts. For Bob to argue semantics was bad enough, but TSA-dictated, I have no doubt. But to compare this eight-year-old child to a tacky utube cat video really, really is over the edge. If ever I had the tiniest shred of forebearance for Bob, that's now gone permanently. His conduct was inexcusable. TSA didn't dictate that bit of disrespect and cavalier lack of concern. Bob did that all by himself. This child has been repeatedly patted down for years, a process obviously unnecessary even for the most die-hard TSO, and with which the child is obviously uncomfortable. And Bob thinks it's a chuckle to compare that to a tacky video of a cat in a satin jacket playing a piano.

This woman's quiet, understated grace shines like the evening star. At the risk of being pithy, a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step. I devoutly hope, for the sake of this child, her calm and reasonable demeanor spurs someone -- anyone -- to straighten out this mess. And I hope this shines a light for all of the other people subjected to this behavior. She's a woman I've pointed out to my granddaughters as a role model.

Bob, on the other hand, is lower than pond scum.

~~ Irish
Sent you a PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.