Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mikey's Mom posts on PV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
duplicate removed
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gotta love it when Bob starts removing his own posts....

pure damage control and CYA

Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tom M.
Gotta love it when Bob starts removing his own posts....

pure damage control and CYA

The subject sentence is back in the thread update as of now.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I'm sure they will say it was just an "accident"

Bob is so use to spinning things he is dizzy.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by AngryMiller
Mikey's mom IMHO has much more credibility than does Blogdad Bob over at PV. He lost nearly all of his credibility within the first six months of that blog going on line. Between the 'it is SSI' and 'you just don't understand' type comments, what little credibility he had vanished. They'd be better in shuttering the blog, reassessing what goals the blog has and then fielding a new team who actually answers questions. If you can't answer the question the point the person in the direction of someone who can answer the question. Not rocket science.
+1000

The first few months of PV, with "we're going to explain everything" interspersed with "because it's important, that's why" or "we can't tell you that" set the tone for the rest. There have been several insulting posts along the way, where Bob or his friends implied we were all idiots, but this one really outdid them all.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:11 pm

Latest post from Bob on the TSA Blog contains an apology.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Latest post from Bob on the TSA Blog contains an apology.
Yeah, right..

" Bob said...
My post has obviously upset the Hicks family and many others, and for that I apologize. I assure you, my post was not directed at any families. Mikey Hicks is the most recent child to make the headlines which is what initiated my post, but the post was not directed at the Hicks family. If you look at our myth buster page, you’ll see that the 8 year old referenced there was from 2007. There have been other instances such as this one. In fact, I wrote a direct response to a father of a child with the same issue last year.

I understand that Mrs. Hicks’ truly believes her child is on a watch list based on what she is being told by airlines. All we can say is that we have spoken with the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Center (who owns and maintains the list) and have been assured there are no children on the lists.

Our best recommendation for anybody in this situation is to use the Redress process. As previously mentioned airlines are beginning to roll out Secure Flight – which once fully implemented will all but eliminate situations where passengers are mismatched.

Some airlines have announced their implementation of Secure Flight. Check in with your airline to see when they will be onboard with Secure Flight.

Thanks,

Blogger Bob
TSA Blog Team

January 20, 2010 9:16 PM"
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by IslandBased
" Bob said...
My post has obviously upset the Hicks family and many others, and for that I apologize.
A non-apology apology.

He is apologizing that his comments upset anyone, not for the words themselves.

Here is what he should have said:

"I apologize for what I wrote. It was insensitive and unacceptable. I retract the entire statement and hope the Hicks family will accept my apology. I will be contacting the Hicks family shortly and working with them to immediately resolve the issue and, if necessary, get Mikey a redress number so the family never again has to go through this. Again, my deepest apologies."
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
A non-apology apology.

Here is what he should have said:

"I apologize for what I wrote. It was insensitive and unacceptable. I retract the entire statement and hope the Hicks family will accept my apology. I will be contacting the Hicks family shortly and working with them to immediately resolve the issue and, if necessary, get Mikey a redress number so the family never again has to go through this. Again, my deepest apologies."
But that would require a real apology and taking action to help a member of the public.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
But that would require a real apology and taking action to help a member of the public.
Forgive me.

I sometimes am far too optimistic.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by IslandBased
Yeah, right..

" Bob said...
Our best recommendation for anybody in this situation is to use the Redress process. As previously mentioned airlines are beginning to roll out Secure Flight – which once fully implemented will all but eliminate situations where passengers are mismatched.
Thanks,
Blogger Bob
TSA Blog Team January 20, 2010 9:16 PM"
Question for Blogdad Bob: Why should anyone do what you "recommend', best or worst? After all, "For anybody who is new to the TSA Blog, please know that I’m a blogger and not an official TSA media spokesperson." If your words are not Official, then what are they?

Do you get paid for the hours you post? If so, then can the public FOIA your DHS job description of "Blogger"? If you only post "off the clock" as a "blogger" who happens to work for a certain agency as your day job, then why should anyone believe what you write anymore than a post on Flyertalk? It's just semi-anonymous spam on Al Gore's internet if you are not Official.

"Blogdad Bob, Minister of Propaganda," is for sure your correct job description.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Classic case of the cover-up being worse than the crime itself.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
A non-apology apology.

Agreed. And he's still hiding behind some Through-the-Looking-Glass style obfuscation:
Originally Posted by Blogdad Bob
I understand that Mrs. Hicks’ truly believes her child is on a watch list ... All we can say is that ... there are no children on the lists.
For the thousandth time, Bob, there are NO PEOPLE on the list. There are only NAMES on the list. Some of the names are used by more than one person, some of whom are children. STOP already with the "there are no children on the list" excuse.
Originally Posted by Lewis Carroll
'...The name of the song is called "HADDOCKS' EYES."'
'Oh, that's the name of the song, is it?' Alice said, trying to feel interested.
'No, you don't understand,' the Knight said, looking a little vexed. 'That's what the name is CALLED. The name really IS "THE AGED AGED MAN."'
'Then I ought to have said "That's what the SONG is called"?' Alice corrected herself.
'No, you oughtn't: that's quite another thing! The SONG is called "WAYS AND MEANS": but that's only what it's CALLED, you know!'
'Well, what IS the song, then?' said Alice, who was by this time completely bewildered.
'I was coming to that,' the Knight said. 'The song really IS "A-SITTING ON A GATE"....'
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:24 pm

Did anybody see the comment by the lady whose mentally handicapped daughter was separated from her and put in one of those clear cages all by herself?

Somebody's askin' for an ... whoopin'!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by dorothybaez
Did anybody see the comment by the lady whose mentally handicapped daughter was separated from her and put in one of those clear cages all by herself?

Somebody's askin' for an ... whoopin'!
Yeah, that made me mad.

So with 10 being the speed at which the released 8 camera angles of the videotape of the woman who (inaccurately) claimed that TSA had taken her toddler out of her sight, and 0 being the speed at which they provided the complete all-angles video of the Britney Spears ice incident (ie, never), how fast is the video of this incident going to be released?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.