Search

Mikey's Mom posts on PV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Yeah, that made me mad.

So with 10 being the speed at which the released 8 camera angles of the videotape of the woman who (inaccurately) claimed that TSA had taken her toddler out of her sight, and 0 being the speed at which they provided the complete all-angles video of the Britney Spears ice incident (ie, never), how fast is the video of this incident going to be released?
-1 aka when hell freezes over.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Superguy
-1 aka when hell freezes over.
Yup.

If hell freezes over, can you take it through the checkpoint under the "ice rule"? Nevermind, just realized you don't have to.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Was helping teach oldest son temperature scales today, figured it would make an interesting reference:
  • TSA video reply to any issue where TSA thinks it can destroy the complainant (mom & sippy cup): 212°F
  • TSA video reply to any procedural special benefit issue where TSA needs to save face (Brit & ice): 0°F
  • TSA video reply to insensitive, inappropriate actions with no viable defense (Hicks): 0K
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Was helping teach oldest son temperature scales today, figured it would make an interesting reference:
  • TSA video reply to any issue where TSA thinks it can destroy the complainant (mom & sippy cup): 212°F
  • TSA video reply to any procedural special benefit issue where TSA needs to save face (Brit & ice): 0°F
  • TSA video reply to insensitive, inappropriate actions with no viable defense (Hicks): 0K
^

Love this one over at PV; Tom, if you're one of us, take a bow!
Originally Posted by Blogdad Bob at PV
Tom - I wanted to let you know that I couldn't approve your comment, and that I wouldn't do that to myself even if I could.

Thanks for the warm and fuzzies.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver
I just told him that I'd tell him to do what Tom told him to do but he'd probably enjoy it and I don't want him to have that much fun.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 5:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dorothybaez
Did anybody see the comment by the lady whose mentally handicapped daughter was separated from her and put in one of those clear cages all by herself?

Somebody's askin' for an ... whoopin'!
Another FTer and I know several families who have stopped flying or significantly curtailed their flying because TSA doesn't have any idea at all how to handle children/adults with DDs.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bob is working hard to avoid answering the question:

If there are no children on the list, why are TSO's putting children through the extra screening?

It has been asked repeatedly, by multiple posters and Bob is simply ignoring that 800 lb gorilla.

Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Tom M.

If there are no children on the list, why are TSO's putting children through the extra screening?

It has been asked repeatedly, by multiple posters and Bob is simply ignoring that 800 lb gorilla.

No kidding. So much for a dialogue.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The author of the original story has published an update.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...oure-not-alone
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
This would be the perfect candidate for Keith Olberman's "Worst Person in the World"
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Tom M.

The kid could be carrying a concealed GI Joe.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by IslandBased
The kid could be carrying a concealed GI Joe.
That would be this one at LAX???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/2173150.stm
Soldier toy disarmed at airport

GI Joe's gun "had to be taken from him"

A doll caused a security alert at an American airport because its two-inch plastic gun was considered a dangerous weapon.

Judy Powell, 55, from Walton on the Hill, Surrey, bought the GI Joe toy in Las Vegas and packed it in her hand luggage.

But security staff at Los Angeles International Airport refused to let Mrs Powell on board the plane with the replica rifle.

Mrs Powell had to put the gift - minus the rifle - in her suitcase so it could go in the aircraft's hold.

A spokesman for Los Angeles International Airport said: "We have instructions to confiscate anything that looks like a weapon or a replica.

"If GI Joe was carrying a replica then it had to be taken from him."

Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by ElPasoPilot
That's it. Doesn't matter if the replica is full size (hint, hint) or just a GI Joe sized plastic toy. TSA, get a clue when hiring- you get what you pay for, or even less...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Yeah, that made me mad.

So with 10 being the speed at which the released 8 camera angles of the videotape of the woman who (inaccurately) claimed that TSA had taken her toddler out of her sight, and 0 being the speed at which they provided the complete all-angles video of the Britney Spears ice incident (ie, never), how fast is the video of this incident going to be released?
I'd say somewhere in the neighborhood of i.

(For those of you who didn't do so well in high school math, that's the square root of minus one.)
Old Jan 21, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Originally Posted by IslandBased
That's it. Doesn't matter if the replica is full size (hint, hint) or just a GI Joe sized plastic toy. TSA, get a clue when hiring- you get what you pay for, or even less...
What about picture of a gun? I guess the USA Today would be contraband if there is a picture of a soldier on page 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.