Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Shavers allowed in carry on?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
Electric Shavers allowed in carry on?

I went to the TSA page and didn't see anything specifically on electric shavers. I assume they are allow on the carry on? Also does anyone know if electric shavers are allowed on carry on bags in Italy and Spain?

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: Red Sox Nation
I take mine every trip in my carry-on and have never had a problem (domestic US flights). I can't speak for Europe, but I don't see why they wouldn't let you carry it.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, they are allowed. US and Europe.

In Europe right now, have not had any problems.

That said, what I do is fully charge my shaver between the time I last shave at home and before I depart (time permitting), and leave the cable at home. This way, it reduces the chances of x-ray operators seeing a cable near an electrical device (less chance for bag check), and I travel lighter.

Safe travels.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL
Thanks! I can hardly make it 2 days without shaving let alone 8....my wife will appreciate the news
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:11 am

Agreed with all said above ... I've traveled with corded and cordless electric shavers in both the U.S. and Europe, and had no problems.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
This is a rhetorical (and facetious) question: should we combine this with the "Mustache, Beard and TSA" thread also currently running on TS/S?
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Not only can you carry them on, but the FAA lets you use them on board any time:

http://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/...fm?newsid=6275

Federal Aviation Administration regulations prohibit use of most portable electronic devices aboard aircraft, but they specifically exempt portable voice recorders, hearing aids, heart pacemakers and electric shavers because they don’t give off signals that might interfere with aircraft systems.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Originally Posted by mre5765
Not only can you carry them on, but the FAA lets you use them on board any time:

http://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/...fm?newsid=6275
I really want to try it someday.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kkjay77
I really want to try it someday.
I've shaved plenty of times on an airplane, usually overseas flights.

I usually do it when the lavs aren't crowded, and I give an FA a heads-up that I'll be in there a bit longer than normal to shave.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jkhuggins
Agreed with all said above ... I've traveled with corded and cordless electric shavers in both the U.S. and Europe, and had no problems.
Asia as well...well at least Japan, Taiwan, Korea and China which are the places that I travel to on a regular basis.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's always gone carry-on. It's never been a problem. Back once in the late 90's it drew an inspection but that time I had the cable, as well as chargers for my toothbrush and cell phone and they ended up in a pile. My bag was *NOT* correctly packed, nor did I know the charge state of anything before I went--had I had time to charge stuff I would have only carried the cell phone charger.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:35 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
My electric shaver has been in my carry-on for more than 20 years without an issue (no not the same shaver )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.