Wiki Posts
Search

Registered traveler program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
Registered traveler program

I just received this letter. We knew TSA was working on a registered traveler program. Of course, I went to tsa.gov, but it's not an item in the "latest news" section. But, as we all know, the web site never has the right information up, so, no surprise there.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has announced it will be trial testing this fall a new pre-screening program that could offer some airline passengers expedited screening through U.S. security checkpoints.

American Airlines is pleased to announce our partnership with the TSA in testing this new concept at our hubs in Dallas/Fort Worth and Miami. Because of your current status as an AAdvantage® member, you may be eligible to participate and potentially be cleared through the TSA pre-vetting process, resulting in some screening benefits at the checkpoint. During the first phase of testing, certain frequent flyers and members of Customs and Border Protection's Global Entry, NEXUS, and SENTRI programs, who are United States citizens, will be eligible to participate in this pilot program which could qualify them for expedited screening.

The TSA will determine who participates in the trial on a per-flight segment basis. Please be aware that AAdvantage membership itself does not guarantee that you would receive expedited screening. To be considered for participation in the trial, you will be required to opt-in and give us your consent to share your AAdvantage status with the TSA. The details and instructions regarding the opt-in for this program will be sent to you at a later date. Your consent will add you to the subset of flyers that may be considered for the TSA’s expedited screening procedures at our Dallas/Fort Worth and Miami hubs.

For more information please visit tsa.gov.

Sincerely,

Maya Leibman
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.