Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EMS Tens Unit in carry on luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 11:22 am
Original Poster

EMS Tens Unit in carry on luggage?

I found one old topic from 2008 on this, so figured I would ask anew rather than necropost.

Anyone carry on their Tens Unit in recent years? Did you have any issues or hassle with TSA? Did you just leave it in your bag or pull it out like a computer?

I have a long flight to Europe - with Continental - to race and I use them for recovery and healing on my legs daily so plan to take it on the plane and use it. I could not find anything on their site about it.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: United
We flew with my wife's just a few weeks ago and it stayed in the bag the whole time.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:09 pm

A friend of mine travels with her TENS unit several times a year. She has never had any problems leaving it in her carry on bag. It did get swabbed once in ORD.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, TSA Disparager Gold, going for Platnium
Shouldn't have any problems I travel with mine alot and never any problems, then again this is a TSA were talking about ... Anything else is possible.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the feedback. I plan to just wrap it up and put it in my carry on and then use it on the long flight. Maybe go into the bathroom to put it on so no one freaks outs when they see the wires and electronic box.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
Originally Posted by AirportGyms
Maybe go into the bathroom to put it on so no one freaks outs when they see the wires and electronic box.
For me, this would be a reason to get it out and put it on in the middle of the cabin.

That would be an interesting way to "test" the system, wouldn't it? Sit there quietly for a few minutes and look like you're praying. Then pull out the unit and start to fiddle with it a bit.

I doubt any arrest would be possible since the equipment obviously isn't prohibited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.