Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Egyptair Plus: One of The Best *A FFP?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Egyptair Plus: One of The Best *A FFP?

While A3 and TK FFP have become very popular, I recently found out that Egyptair Plus is also quite attractive on par with the former two programs, yet very much unheard of.

Some pros:

1) Once you attain Silver, only 30,000 miles in 2 years required to achieve Gold status and the same requirement again for the renewal. To attain Silver, no time limit, as long you fly 30,000 miles in any time frame. If you are not a frequent traveler, this is the easiest way to achieve *A Gold.

2) No requirement to fly EgyptAir.

3) Good earning rate in premium class: 150% for most Business Class, 200% if flown on EgyptAir.

4) Generous redemption miles for *A flights (award table here). At least for Asia based. For example:

NRT-SIN in F (one-way): 30,000
NRT-SIN In J (one-way): 22,500
NRT-DEL in J (one-way): 30,000

Max of 4 segments allowed per return ticket with no stop-overs.

Cons:

1) Award tickets have to be manually issued through EgyptAir call center or nearest EgyptAir ticket office. If no EgyptAir office nearby, it could be a pain (wonder if the whole payment process can be done through call center?)

2) Economy earning rate is OK.

3) Total lack of information online (incl. FT!) on the program review and its credibility is sort of a mystery.

While I'm already a TK M&S member, if the redemption process is not a pain I'm really considering to credit miles to MS! Would anyone who's already a member of MS FFP like to share a review on how the program is?
Goaguy likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
The main advantage I've had, on silver status is the reduction in the cost of an additional bag for domestic flights, within Egypt; you get 2 x 23kg bags, in most cases, for economy and 2 x 32kg for business on international flights, but this is reduced to 1 bag, at 23kg & 32kg respectively, for domestic, if you don't immediately transfer to between the two flights (a right pain, as I always spend a couple of days acclimatising in Cairo, before moving on up to Luxor and Upper Egypt).

If I remember rightly, the discount is something like 15% for silver card holders, on all pre-paid extra baggage fees, which can be a hefty saving on what you'd pay at check-in.

Another advantage with the program, is that any domestic flight will earn a minimum of 1000 miles, which really helps with gaining & maintaining status.

The only problems I've encountered have been with other *A carriers being slow to credit the miles to my MS+ account, if using it as my FFP when booking flights with them.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Great details GlenP, thanks for being the first to respond.

Originally Posted by GlenP
The only problems I've encountered have been with other *A carriers being slow to credit the miles to my MS+ account, if using it as my FFP when booking flights with them.
Have you tried using the points to redeem on *A carrier other than MS?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:40 am

No, I've not, as I do a lot of flying to, from & within Egypt, so it makes sense to try to get the MS Gold & Platinum ASAP by crediting all Star flights to my MS+ account.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Glad to hear there isn't much problem crediting other *A carriers' miles into MS+. I'm deeply curious about the redemption process for *A flights, and that's the most crucial point in deciding if the program is worth being part of. With relatively low redemption points and ease to become Gold, I think there is a great potential in this FFP.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 2:31 am

Not sure about there not being issues crediting miles flown on other *A carriers.

MS are usually very quick to credit the miles but I'm still waiting for my two most recent LH segments to appear on my MS+ activity log (you have to wait a minimum of 2 weeks before attempting to claim missing miles and the return flight was only 12 dyas ago).

If I need to submit a retro-claim I'll try to update with how smoothly it went.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Great details GlenP, thanks for being the first to respond.

Have you tried using the points to redeem on *A carrier other than MS?
You might want to find out how expensive tickets are in terms of cash costs for the various surcharges, taxes and duties attached to tickets. Some programmes are ruinously expensive in his area.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GlenP
MS are usually very quick to credit the miles but I'm still waiting for my two most recent LH segments to appear on my MS+ activity log (you have to wait a minimum of 2 weeks before attempting to claim missing miles and the return flight was only 12 dyas ago).

If I need to submit a retro-claim I'll try to update with how smoothly it went.
Hopefully MS is good at that - usually TK is quick and takes only a day and their online missing mile claim process is responsive instantly, except for one AI flight with 176 miles-worth which I'm not bothered to argue.

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
You might want to find out how expensive tickets are in terms of cash costs for the various surcharges, taxes and duties attached to tickets. Some programmes are ruinously expensive in his area.
A good point raised indeed.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: EgyptAir Plus
I am Egyptian and a member of EgyptAir Plus FFP. I mostly fly *A not EgyptAir and crediting miles from *A flights is usually done without issues and within 2 to 3 days.

You just have to be aware that they have different rules to every *A airlines when it comes to crediting miles. Different precentages to different air fares , mileage accural is based on actual miles (no minimum miles rule for short flights)

you can check all that out in this page , just hover over your airline that you will be flying to check their exact details

http://www.egyptairplus.com/MS_Membe...tar_class.html

I see EgyptAir program is very nice to achieve GOLD status quickly espically if you think about the domestic flights , you can get 1000 miles per leg with the lowest values possible and if you are silver then add 20% to that too.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hassan Osama
I am Egyptian and a member of EgyptAir Plus FFP. I mostly fly *A not EgyptAir and crediting miles from *A flights is usually done without issues and within 2 to 3 days.

You just have to be aware that they have different rules to every *A airlines when it comes to crediting miles. Different precentages to different air fares , mileage accural is based on actual miles (no minimum miles rule for short flights)

you can check all that out in this page , just hover over your airline that you will be flying to check their exact details

http://www.egyptairplus.com/MS_Membe...tar_class.html

I see EgyptAir program is very nice to achieve GOLD status quickly espically if you think about the domestic flights , you can get 1000 miles per leg with the lowest values possible and if you are silver then add 20% to that too.
Hi Hassan, welcome to FlyerTalk group and an apology for the big delay in response - I just read your comment now. Good to hear that other *A miles are easily credited to EgyptAir Plus - I can see it's a very valuable program as long as the communication with other *A airlines are done well. Thanks for sharing the experience!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Have anyone been able to successfully apply for a family account? If so, what is needed?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sushimaru
Cons:

2) Economy earning rate is OK.
Is that really a con?
cargueiro likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Is that really a con?
The earning rates for discounted Economy on most airline are either 0% or 25% so not that great.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:30 pm

I guess I am a little confused on difference between tier miles earned and redeemable miles. If I fly 30,000 miles on United lets say (and of course credit to Egyptair Plus), does that earn me Silver status (after 30,000 miles to silver)? I understand if I fly a discount economy class I would not earn too many frequent flier miles, but is that counted the same way for status miles in this program?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by the188
I guess I am a little confused on difference between tier miles earned and redeemable miles. If I fly 30,000 miles on United lets say (and of course credit to Egyptair Plus), does that earn me Silver status (after 30,000 miles to silver)? I understand if I fly a discount economy class I would not earn too many frequent flier miles, but is that counted the same way for status miles in this program?
My understanding is that there is no differentiation between status miles and redeemable miles and you don't even have to fly EgyptAir to attain upper status.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.