Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in Jeddah Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:36 am

Transit time in Jedda International Airport

I had a connecting flight from Paris to Mumbai with stop over at Jedda. But Saudi Airline has cancelled the flight. So we have reschedule with 18 hours stop over at Jedda International. So for that do we need Transit Visa, as this situation is not from our side<
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I reckon that is going to be difficult to obtain as getting anything other than a work visa seems to be well nigh impossible. They just don't want visitors. However, I would be very interested to know if manage to get one as I may be in the same situation myself in a few months.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:36 pm

Saudia Arabia Airline

Hi everyone.
Can anyone Please help me actually i found one Ticket by saudi airline from italy airport to Karachi Pakistan this flight have 8 hours Stay in jeddah airport should i have saudia Arabia visa?
Old May 27, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Depends on your nationality! It's probably ok if you stay airside in the airport within a 12 hour period.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by waqasccna
Hi everyone.
Can anyone Please help me actually i found one Ticket by saudi airline from italy airport to Karachi Pakistan this flight have 8 hours Stay in jeddah airport should i have saudia Arabia visa?
In case of transit , if its less than 12 hours and you dont have to change or leave the terminal , you dont need visa, however there maybe some requirements , like valid passport for at least six months or to present a return ticket

for more infos please check TIMATIC/IATA
Old May 28, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by waqasccna
Hi everyone.
as long as you stay airside and the layover is below 12hrs, you will be fine regardless of your nationality. so no visa required. im indonesian, flying to cgk 2x monthly via jed/ruh, have always 8-9hrs layover and never once applied for visa because i stay airside. but worth to note, long layover in jed could be challenging without lounge access. most of the times people sit on the floor because all chairs are occupied.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by kerjaansei
as long as you stay airside and the layover is below 12hrs, you will be fine regardless of your nationality. so no visa required. im indonesian, flying to cgk 2x monthly via jed/ruh, have always 8-9hrs layover and never once applied for visa because i stay airside. but worth to note, long layover in jed could be challenging without lounge access. most of the times people sit on the floor because all chairs are occupied.
You can also stay in the long-term travel lounge until about 2 hours before your flight, after which they kick you out into the main area.
Old May 29, 2017, 10:27 pm

right. but most of the time they kick me out despite of my 8-9hrs connection. plus, their 'transit lounge' usually full. if theyre in good mood, sometimes they give also meal coupon
Old May 31, 2018, 6:01 am

Yes, you can avail this flight without the transit visa. But you have to make sure the risk of decrease stopover time. If your first flight comes late at Jeddah airport then your other flight will not wait for you. At Jeddah airport recommended transit time is above 4 hours.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:02 am

I went through this recently. I tried to get a transit visa, but was denied. I even talked to someone at the New York consulate who told me exactly what to do to get a transit visa.

I ended up getting a business visa. It was a hassle, and quite expensive. I was doing more than a long connection though, as my goal was to visit a friend. I wanted to stay a couple days, and I had been told that if I have a layover of no more than 3 days with Saudia Airlines, I could get the transit visa. My layover was 2.5 days because of the flight schedules.

The Jeddah airport is not a nice place to spend time. It is cramped and rather uncomfortable. Unless the price is a lot cheaper, you might want to consider another itinerary. I can come and go as I please in Saudi Arabia for the next 4+ years, so it wouldn't bother me. I would leave the airport and get a hotel. But if you don't have that option, it won't be quite so nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.