Search

Van Der Valk Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Van Der Valk Hotels

Seems there's no thread about Van Der Valk hotels yet. Does anybody here have some insight on these hotels? To what other brand can they be compared?

They seem to have a loyalty program of their own but is there a way to collect points/miles in any other program when staying in their hotel?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I stayed at he Ridderkerk hotel (near Rotterdam) several times due a customer there. Business hotel with restaurant, quite ok. Van der Valk was kind of a Dutch Conrad Hilton. They are family owned wth 90 hotels or so worldwide, managed by family members somehow indivdually. Program means you collect credits EUR 2,50 to 5,00 per stay or night depending on rate type, plus welcome drink and comp. internet. That is what I know.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just stayed 2 nights at the Van der Valk in Assen in Drenthe province, Netherlands, AKA the Assen Hotel (beside the A28-E233). It was wonderful, a real notch above other chains. Apparently each hotel is run by a member of the Van der Valk family, though I'm not sure how they work that out. Their footprint is not that big, mostly Netherlands, Belgium and a few in France and Germany.

I was offered a decent room upgrade for €10 a night, a newly renovated room with a whirlpool which was beautifully quiet (I paid €79 per night). There was a dining offer of €29 pp for a 3-course meal, which was excellent and consisted of far too much food! The breakfast buffet was top notch and there weren't too many people milling around, probably because there is so much space.

I look forward to my next Van der Valk stay!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They have been really expanding recently, building new hotel after new hotel.
Was just looking at their portfolio and they even opened an hotel in the US. http://www.valkusa.com/

68 in Netherlands
13 in Germany
9 in Belgium
3 in France
1 in Spain

1 in Aruba
1 in Bonaire
1 in Curaçao
1 in the United States
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:59 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I typically spend 2 weeks a year at the Van Der Valk hotels. Given the other choices in the areas they are often located, I find their hotels to be quite nice, and often cases, quite new and modern.

Their loyalty program offers you a 5 Euro credit per night for a future stay, which is something I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.