Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Why So Much Hate for Intown Suites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:51 am
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

How come a lot of people hate Intown Suites?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:44 pm

Where do you see this hate at? I've never heard of the brand until this post. Looks like an extended-stay property, many with 7-day or more minimum stay requirements. Doesn't look like there's any rewards program either.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

A lot of people complain that the employees are heartless and show no professionalism nor customer-friendly skills. Despite its low rates, it makes a Towneplace Suites look like a resort.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
A lot of people complain that the employees are heartless and show no professionalism nor customer-friendly skills. Despite its low rates, it makes a Towneplace Suites look like a resort.
You still haven't answered the question. Where do you see/hear this? Have you been perusing TripAdvisor reviews of particular InTown Suites properties, or what?

Btw, I've never heard of it either before this thread.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

I have read on Tripadvisor, and the reviews are mainly a 1/1.5/2/2.5-star average.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
I have read on Tripadvisor, and the reviews are mainly a 1/1.5/2/2.5-star average.
Well, keep in mind not all TripAdvisor reviews are trustable. Some of the most favorable may be written by someone affiliated with the hotel being reviewed or friends of theirs, while some of the most unfavorable may be written by the competition. TripAdvisor doesn't have any way to know if you actually stayed at a hotel (as opposed to reviews on some hotel program websites where you can either only post a review after you've stayed there, or the reviews posted by people verified to have stayed there are flagged as such). Or there's third-party booking sites, which can't tell whether you actually stayed maybe, but at least can tell whether you actually booked (and didn't cancel) through them, like booking.com, where again reviews may be a little more trustworthy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.