Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Hotels Promotions (Canada)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Still a good deal over the summer if you want more Aeroplan mile's which fits some travellers. It could be $20-30 more per night than Last Minute Escapes deals but it all depends on what's more important......miles or savings.

Although it stated up to 750 the website actually states 800.

Fyi starting on a Red day, stay:

1 or 2 nights Save 15% PLUS 800 Aeroplan Miles

3 nights Save 20% PLUS 900 Aeroplan Miles

4+ nights Save 25% PLUS 1000 Aeroplan Miles

Until September 3, get up to 25% off your daily rate and up to 750 Bonus Aeroplan Miles per stay with Deltas Web Saver Plus. To earn bonus miles for your Delta stay, provide your Aeroplan Number when you make your online reservation and present your Aeroplan Card when you check-in.

https://www.deltahotels.com/websaver
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Delta Winnipeg getting a $10-M revamp

FYI....Delta Winnipeg getting a $10-M revamp

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...215350741.html
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
Still a good deal over the summer if you want more Aeroplan mile's which fits some travellers. It could be $20-30 more per night than Last Minute Escapes deals but it all depends on what's more important......miles or savings.

Although it stated up to 750 the website actually states 800.

Fyi starting on a Red day, stay:

1 or 2 nights Save 15% PLUS 800 Aeroplan Miles

3 nights Save 20% PLUS 900 Aeroplan Miles

4+ nights Save 25% PLUS 1000 Aeroplan Miles

Until September 3, get up to 25% off your daily rate and up to 750 Bonus Aeroplan Miles per stay with Deltas Web Saver Plus. To earn bonus miles for your Delta stay, provide your Aeroplan Number when you make your online reservation and present your Aeroplan Card when you check-in.

https://www.deltahotels.com/websaver

are the other promotions eligible to Aeroplan miles too ?

i booked with the E-promotion code, which is cheaper than web saver rates

wondering if they will give me miles
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by macaron95
are the other promotions eligible to Aeroplan miles too ?

i booked with the E-promotion code, which is cheaper than web saver rates

wondering if they will give me miles
All the other promotions here pay out the regular Aeroplan miles you'd normally qualify for.....this Deltas Web Saver Plus offer pays out "extra" bonus Aeroplan miles over and above what you earn normally or whatever your Delta Privileges status earns you. Ie Plat+ status earns 1500 base miles + 800 Web Saver bonus = 2300 for a 1-night stay under the Deltas Web Saver Plus offer. You may pay a bit more but its all relative to what your goals are.

Ive booked all the rate codes/offers here and was never denied any deserving Aeroplan miles.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:40 am
Suspended

ok thanks
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Avoid Delta Montral if you can
No matter where your room is, you can hear street noises from anywhere in the building

Rooms are big but have very cheap noisy AC units

Its comfy but if you cant enjoy your sleep, its just a waste of money

Too bad because rooms have refurbished and staff is nice and friendly

I just cancelled my upcoming (second) stay in 10 days and booked the Westin instead where i am used to enjoy
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Summer Limited Time Offer - Rates up to 30% off per night‏

Deleted

Last edited by Points Surfer; Jan 18, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:03 pm
Suspended

they only gave 250 miles on my stay because it was a promo rate

anyway, staying at Delta Montreal was an awful experience until i bought some earplugs to finally sleep correctly at night

you can hear the traffic day and night, you can also hear cheap crappy AC unit in the room (they put me in 2 different rooms, same problem, the technical guy acknowledged the noise and felt sorry for me), you can also hear the noise coming the "place des arts" where the city holds all the festivals and finally, you can hear housekeeping working early in the morning from the corridor

that's really a shame because the rooms have been nicely refurbished and the staff is really nice, but the noise is the biggest enemy of the property, coming from everywhere

windows there are like plastic
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:21 am
Original Poster

they only gave 250 miles on my stay because it was a promo rate

anyway, staying at Delta Montreal was an awful experience until i bought some earplugs to finally sleep correctly at night

you can hear the traffic day and night, you can also hear cheap crappy AC unit in the room (they put me in 2 different rooms, same problem, the technical guy acknowledged the noise and felt sorry for me), you can also hear the noise coming the "place des arts" where the city holds all the festivals and finally, you can hear housekeeping working early in the morning from the corridor

that's really a shame because the rooms have been nicely refurbished and the staff is really nice, but the noise is the biggest enemy of the property, coming from everywhere

windows there are like plastic

Since this thread was for promotions I started a new one for Delta Privileges stay feedback since there was none on FT and it might help other sharing good or bad experiences....plus if Delta is watching maybe a chance for some fine tuning as well. Check out "Please post your Delta Privileges (Delta Hotels) experiences"

On the Aeroplan deal.....for my last one night stay my miles showed as 550 so expecting another 250 = 800 to post and it was the websaver promo rate. Delta Priviledges is a bit different that way as they sometimes post as two entries and it can take a month to see them show up on Aeroplan.

Tip - It pays to keep track of what posts on Aeroplan as I've had stays get missed before. An email to Delta fixes it up but something to be aware of.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 10:36 am
Suspended

sorry for the stay feedback

i emailed Delta and they replied that i only got 250 miles for my 3-night stay because i booked under "e-promo" code
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

sorry for the stay feedback

i emailed Delta and they replied that i only got 250 miles for my 3-night stay because i booked under "e-promo" code
Not a problem on the feedback....copy and paste in the other thread if you wish. There is feedback on Tripadvisor but FT needs some too from a FT perspective.

I did the websaver deal and still due more Aeroplan miles
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:15 am
Suspended

btw how does it take for Aeroplan miles to be posted on the AP account once they appear on the Delta website ?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

btw how does it take for Aeroplan miles to be posted on the AP account once they appear on the Delta website ?
It may take a few days for my Delta Stay to post on my Delta account but the Aeroplan miles from a July 11 stay didn't post on the Aeroplan account for about 2 1/2-3 weeks.

PS....I did notice something new on Aeroplan since the new program changes that not all Aeroplan miles qualify for status ie "Distinction Eligible Miles"....specifically " DELTA PRIVILEGE 250 MILES"
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Points Surfer
It may take a few days for my Delta Stay to post on my Delta account but the Aeroplan miles from a July 11 stay didn't post on the Aeroplan account for about 2 1/2-3 weeks.

PS....I did notice something new on Aeroplan since the new program changes that not all Aeroplan miles qualify for status ie "Distinction Eligible Miles"....specifically " DELTA PRIVILEGE 250 MILES"

wow, fuel expenses at Esso are posted the same day on Aeroplan

and it took only a week after the stay to see my points posted from Gouverneur Hotels

what takes so long with Delta ?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:35 am
Original Poster

wow, fuel expenses at Esso are posted the same day on Aeroplan

and it took only a week after the stay to see my points posted from Gouverneur Hotels

what takes so long with Delta ?
Yeah Esso is quick but I never found out for sure why Delta is so slow to post....when Aeroplan miles are missing from a stay in the past I found out it was because the hotel forgot to release them, or whatever the terminology is they use so maybe, the Hotels wait for a period and then release the miles for a block of time? SPG is great and it shows the next day after check out but then again its their own internal program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.