Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP passenger information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:38 am
Original Poster

TAP passenger information

I booked a flight from the US at flytap.com. Unlike the other airline sites, I was not asked for some detailed passenger information, such as passport number, Global Entry number, emergency contact, etc. While my name is "Mr Paul Scott Smith" (example), at the site it is listed as "PaulScottMr Smith".

I can't find ways to add or correct these online. The 800 number has a wait time of 15 minutes. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: OMNI Platinum
DM them on Twitter or just hold for 15 minutes.. The customer service is one of the best I have experienced.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:19 am

I wanted to try them. Gave up in the end and booked Iberia. There appeared to be no way to easily reach them, other than the suggestion of Twitter: and presumably that means sending a tweet that my twitter connections can see or am I confused?
I don't want to ask my questions in such a public way.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
DM (direct message) is private and not seen by anyone.

TAP's Twitter team is excellent; handled a rebook/cancellation issue for me in no time. Can't recommend them highly enough.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by getmethere
I booked a flight from the US at flytap.com. Unlike the other airline sites, I was not asked for some detailed passenger information, such as passport number, Global Entry number, emergency contact, etc. While my name is "Mr Paul Scott Smith" (example), at the site it is listed as "PaulScottMr Smith".

I can't find ways to add or correct these online. The 800 number has a wait time of 15 minutes. Any suggestions? Thanks.
There is nothing here that needs to be corrected.

Listing both first names together, with the "MR"/"MRS"/"MS" appended is standard procedure; it is not a problem, it is not an error, it will not lead to any issues or problems with the airline or any immigration authorities. This is not just for TAP - many airlines do this.

You can add the necessary API information during check-in, as I did on my TAP flight last week, if you cannot do so via the "Manage My Booking" facility at the website. Note that providing an emergency contact is not mandatory.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
DM (direct message) is private and not seen by anyone.

TAP's Twitter team is excellent; handled a rebook/cancellation issue for me in no time. Can't recommend them highly enough.
Thanks for that; next time I will give it a go.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
"Global Entry number" - you mean trusted traveller number to get precheck. TP does not participate (as many airlines do not).

Your name is fine. Airline rez systems are ancient, and while many have nice front ends on theirs, occasionally you'll see the name concatenated as L_Name/F_NameM_Name_Title. That's normal. Nothing to worry about here.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paolo64
I wanted to try them. Gave up in the end and booked Iberia. There appeared to be no way to easily reach them, other than the suggestion of Twitter: and presumably that means sending a tweet that my twitter connections can see or am I confused?
I don't want to ask my questions in such a public way.
By chance, I was finally able to reach TAP with [email protected] They answered my questions in good English.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
"Global Entry number" - you mean trusted traveller number to get precheck. TP does not participate (as many airlines do not).

Your name is fine. Airline rez systems are ancient, and while many have nice front ends on theirs, occasionally you'll see the name concatenated as L_Name/F_NameM_Name_Title. That's normal. Nothing to worry about here.
Thanks, TAP responded in e-mail, and confirmed what you said. The remaining question is when can I reserve a seat online.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
You should be able to do it once you pull up your itinerary through TP's page. I think the link is not super obvious though. If not, send a private message to TAP through facebook or twitter with your PNR and the seat you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.