Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > easyJet | easyJet Plus
Reload this Page >

EasyJet Frequent Flyer Programme - trial

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com

Anyone part of the EasyJet loyalty trial? Any feedback on how it's going?

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...alty-programme
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
I am an invitee.

This is a free trial, currently running until the 31st July 2015. During this time you will have access to the following benefits. Before the scheduled end of the trial we will contact you to inform you if the trial will be extended.
The programme entitles you to the following features:

• Fee Free Changes - We recognise that things can change and would like to offer improved flexibility. You can now make unlimited date or time changes to your bookings without paying any admin fees, you just pay any difference in the flight price. Please note that you must keep the route the same to avoid paying the admin fees.

• Free Name Changes - You can also make up to 5 passenger name changes per year completely free.

• Price Guarantee: We guarantee that if you find a comparable competitor flight cheaper within 48 hours of making your booking, we will give you the difference, plus 10% towards your next flight. This must be claimed in real time, over the phone.
• Price Promise - We promise that you will always get the best price fares from easyJet. If, on a rare occasion you find the same flight on easyJet.com at a lower price, we'll give you the price difference towards your next flight.

• Previews of new routes and special offers - We think the people who fly with us most often should be the first to know what we're doing and what's coming up, so we'll give you exclusive previews of new routes and special offers to keep you in the know.

In order to redeem any of these benefits you will need to call our Dedicated Customer Support Team as these benefits are not currently available to redeem online. You can call us on 0330 xxxxxxxx. Our lines are open 7 days a week between 08:00 and 20:00 GMT. When calling you will be asked to enter your 7 digits personal Customer Number, yours is yyyyyyyy.

Participation in this trial is in good faith and you are not entitled to pass the benefits onto any third parties.

Full terms and conditions are available on request.
I haven't availed myself of any of the benefits. I have tried calling the dedicated number and entering my customer number but it didn't work.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaza
I am an invitee.

I haven't availed myself of any of the benefits. I have tried calling the dedicated number and entering my customer number but it didn't work.
Thanks for that. Would certainly benefit from the flexible changes.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The sort of things I'm looking for in a loyalty programme from Easyjet are mostly "a free Easyjet Plus card" as well as fast track security everywhere and some benefit for travel companions at least some of the time - so when I travel on holiday with my partner she can board with me and sit with me without having to buy her speedy boarding. This could be a 4 times a year only, say.

The free changes look attractive, but in practice my plans rarely change from when they are booked (a week or two ahead of travel). Perhaps I am too well trained to just live with what I booked

(I travel ~60 Easyjet sectors per year).
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Any update on this? Four weeks left of original trial.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, VS, BA, UMP
I'm part of the trial; it was initially extended to the end of 2015, and now seems to have become a longer term trial as they are working out how to optimise it. I was told that my "renewal date" is in the middle of next year, so it seems it becoming more of a permanent feature.

Apparently there is now a threshold of loyalty which you need to exceed to requalify each year.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Scrim
Apparently there is now a threshold of loyalty which you need to exceed to requalify each year.
Any idea what it is? Dozens, or hundreds?

Mind you if MAG don't sort Stansted out soon (which they show no intention of doing, they're on a firm path to making it entirely awful) I might not meet any such threshold next year...
Old Nov 10, 2015, 5:44 am

"Flight Club" launched:

http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/9550
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lfc84
Key parts:

The scheme will be rolled out across easyJet’s European network from early 2016 when passengers will be invited to join ‘Flight Club’ when they meet the qualifying criteria which are based around having booked and flown 20 or more flights and/or making a minimum spend with easyJet over a 12 month period. Full details will be published closer to the launch date.

Members receive a range of benefits and features including the following:

• Fee free flight changes – we recognise things can change so members can make changes without paying admin fees

• Free name changes – up to five name changes per year completely free

• Our price promise – We promise passengers will always get the best price fares from easyJet. If on a rare occasion passengers find the same flight on easyjet.com at a lower price, we’ll give them the price difference towards their next flight. Our customer support team are on hand, so passengers can give them a call

• Previews and special offers - members will be the first to know what’s coming up so they will receive exclusive previews of new routes and special offers

• Dedicated contact centre team – to access these benefits

The loyalty scheme will run alongside the popular easyJet Plus scheme, which launched in 2008 and allows passengers free allocated seat choice, dedicated bag drop and fast boarding.

- See more at: http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stori....xc6bddGR.dpuf
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:20 am

First two might be handy, the rest seem like fluff.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by ft101
First two might be handy, the rest seem like fluff.
I would see this "thing" (not deserving the name of a loyalty program) rather like that:

http://www.globalflight.net/easyjets...yalty-program/
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by GlobalFrance
I would see this "thing" (not deserving the name of a loyalty program) rather like that:

http://www.globalflight.net/easyjets...yalty-program/
I think that's a bit of a stupid article TBH. easyJet isn't going to fundamentally alter it's lower cost approach in order to ape a traditional frequent flyer programme.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:50 am

I have to wonder how much skin off their nose it would be to give a free Easyjet Plus card to anyone who flies >50 flights/year. That would be an actual loyalty benefit.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I'd agree that only the first 2 benefits are significant. The third is granted to all customers anyway, though the writer of the article is incorrect to dismiss it, since customers do claim successfully on the occasions when the prices drop. The dedicated contact centre might be useful, I wouldn't know as I can't remember the last time I called them.

All that said, the fee-free changes would have saved me a few quid this year, so I'd be happy to be a member for this alone. On the basis of the anticipated criteria, I'm borderline having flown 20 sectors on U2 this year, will depend when they measure it.

Enough to make me book more sectors? Maybe, maybe not, but it's certainly not going to make me reduce them. In my case the thing that did the most to tip me towards shifting a chunk of shorter flights away from BA was the allowance of a second piece of hand luggage to U2+ customers, and price didn't hurt either.

There is nothing to stop them adjusting the benefits over time to assist loyalty. A discount on U2+ renewal would be nice...
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
How will they track if members have indeed flown 20 sectors? Will they give FF number? I dont think so.

I assume it will be by the email? (when booking, it asks you to enter your email)

But then how will people who use Travel Agents get this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.