Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TGflyergirl
MH Business Class Schedule

Refurbished aircraft

9M-MTA
9M-MTB
9M-MTC
9M-MTD
9M-MTE
9M-MTF
9M-MTG
9M-MTH
9M-MTI
9M-MTJ
9M-MTL
9M-MTO
9M-MTM
9M-MTN
9M-MTK

The entire refurbishment exercise is now complete

Layout and seat block: (Link)

Seat: 44" / 112 cm pitch upright, 76" / 193 cm lie flat.
Print Wikipost

New business class on MH A330 from April 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 12:08 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
6 more actually. I've edited to the wiki to include MTF.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dfs24
6 more actually. I've edited to the wiki to include MTF.
MTF didn't get refurbed. Was in the shop a long time but didn't get the seats put in for some reason.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Oh thats really weird. I didn't fly MTF, but flew with the crew DEL-KUL who went KUL-DEL the previous night with MTF.

They claimed that MTF had the seats? Or maybe it was just me who misunderstood the context of the conv.

Thanks for the heads up. Updated the wiki to reflect this
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dfs24
Oh thats really weird. I didn't fly MTF, but flew with the crew DEL-KUL who went KUL-DEL the previous night with MTF.

They claimed that MTF had the seats? Or maybe it was just me who misunderstood the context of the conv.

Thanks for the heads up. Updated the wiki to reflect this
I thought it was strange too - but to the best of the info I have, that she didn't get them during that hangar visit.

Since she returned to service 20 July, she's exclusively operated flights that aren't/weren't slated to have the new seats. If the seats had been fitted she'd have almost certainly done at least some MEL/SYD/AKL/NRT runs.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Beijing and Shanghai have moved from 28 August to 7 September.

Not an issue at this stage given I'm flying in late October but hopefully the dates don't slip further.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Glad my upcoming Osaka flight is now on the new cabin. Will be trying out the mini Economy cabin in window seat 9A for both departure and return.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Glad my upcoming Osaka flight is now on the new cabin. Will be trying out the mini Economy cabin in window seat 9A for both departure and return.
It's nice...was in the mini cabin on a SYD-KUL segment recently. Made especially nice because they had to relocate a bunch of people to the rear for weight and balance, so there were only about 7 of us in the section. Not sure if the legroom in the mini-y section is any better than farther back but it was certainly ample.

A funny aside: when they did the reconfig, they didn't remove the "MH Business" bulkhead decor as you walk in L2 (the blue "Business" graphic is on the left wall as you face into the aircraft, and the red "Economy" one on the right wall).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:30 pm

what seats are the "throne" seats?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:27 pm

Check out this link

http://www.travelingformiles.com/mal...usiness-class/

Essentially the single 'K' for King seats are the Throne seats
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:44 am

Superb, so what row should I be requesting?

I am booked on to MH 123 in a few weeks so would like to test out out the throne
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by DannoTheManno
Superb, so what row should I be requesting?

I am booked on to MH 123 in a few weeks so would like to test out out the throne
It's your personal preference to be honest. Generally the middle rows are preffered by most as they are not too near or close to the galley/bathrooms.

I'll be trying out later in the year in Dec. Nice if you have photos a I havent seen anyone blogged about them yet.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by talfred
It's your personal preference to be honest. Generally the middle rows are preffered by most as they are not too near or close to the galley/bathrooms.

I'll be trying out later in the year in Dec. Nice if you have photos a I havent seen anyone blogged about them yet.
I've had 9 rides in them so far - i'm leaning these days towards the A seats with the console on the window - the throne seats are great sitting up, but get rather narrow when reclined flat, with a claustrophobic footwell. Feels quite a bit roomier on the A side when sleeping.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by talfred

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
I've had 9 rides in them so far - i'm leaning these days towards the A seats with the console on the window - the throne seats are great sitting up, but get rather narrow when reclined flat, with a claustrophobic footwell. Feels quite a bit roomier on the A side when sleeping.
Okay, since I have a day and night flight I'll give an A and a Throne seat a go.

Can anyone confirm which exact seat numbers I should opt for and I'll request MH put me in them
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DannoTheManno
Okay, since I have a day and night flight I'll give an A and a Throne seat a go.

Can anyone confirm which exact seat numbers I should opt for and I'll request MH put me in them
The thrones are 1,4 and 6K

The A seats with the console on the window (seat on the aisle) are 1,4 and 6A, and the ones with the console on the aisle (seat by the window) are 2,5 and 7A
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: MH
Had a very pleasant surprise when MTI turned up for my ADL - KUL flight on Tuesday 23rd. 1K was incredibly comfortable in all positions. A great overall seat!

I guess a late swap meant this aircraft covered this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.