Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:31 am
msm

Originally Posted by brianking
These are our choices for our upcoming flight in November, from LAX to TPE. The options with a * are only available as pre-catered. I probably would have gone with the Wagyu Beeef Sirloin, but the consensus seems to think that's a bad choice. Any recommendations? Thanks.

- Duck Breast with Blueberry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mustard Mashed Potato
- Jidori Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Parmesan Bread Pudding
- Oriental Lobster in Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
- *Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale
- *Chilean Seabass with Crispy Bean Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
- *Poached Cornish Hen, Seasonal Vegetables, Saffron Fingerling Potato
- *Rack of Lamb with Tapenade, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Parsnip

TennisNoob said it better than I did: The Wagyu was just very dry.

A week later, I had a grilled salmon in premium laurel serving mnl-tpe that was very, very good. Maybe Eva does fish better than red meat.

If I was presented that menu tomorrow, I would make the seabass my first choice. The Duck would be #2. I would not order that steak again.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just wanted to update my meal selection, queried in Post #54.

I booked the beef noodle soup, a Din Tai Fung signature dish. It was indeed excellent. Best soup I've ever had in flight.

Went down very well with several glasses of the German Riesling wine!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:38 pm
msm

Don't forget to get the midflight cheeseburger. It is exactly perfect. PERFECT!

I am craving for an Eva cheeseburger right now and nothing else will do.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA (1MM); SPG Plat
12/1 TPE-LAX
Dinner
Pan Fried Prime Beef Fillet Steak Topped with Goose Liver Terrine Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Potato

Pan Fried Cod Fillet with Ginger Scallion Soya Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Cantonese Noodle

Wok Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Chopped Pak Choy

Breakfast
Spinach Omelette with Canadian Ham

Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Wok Fried Shredded Chicken with Green Sprout,Braised Shiitake Mushroom and Golden Fried Egg Tofu

Noodle Soup with Seafood Served with Traditional Delicatessens

Any recommendations?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by sink
12/1 TPE-LAX
Dinner
Pan Fried Prime Beef Fillet Steak Topped with Goose Liver Terrine Red Wine Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Red Skin Potato

Pan Fried Cod Fillet with Ginger Scallion Soya Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Cantonese Noodle

Wok Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Chopped Pak Choy

Breakfast

Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Wok Fried Shredded Chicken with Green Sprout,Braised Shiitake Mushroom and Golden Fried Egg Tofu

Any recommendations?
You can check the expanded RL menu (3+ more choices) for the main entree by logging in to Meal Order with your booking code. May be there is something you like better
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:05 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
I've got the following coming up for SFO-TPE. Any recommendations/disrecommendations?
I know to beware the steak and look out for the in-flight hamburger...

Supper Meals
Pan Seared Chilean Seabass with Chinese Ham and Black Musrhoom Served with Vegetable and Steamed Rice

Japanese Style BBQ Pork Ramen Soup

Seared Prime Beef Steak with Perigueux Sauce Served with Vegetable and Wasabi Mashed Potato

*Stir Fried Seafood(Scallop and Shrimp) with XO Sauce

*Grilled Kurobuta Pork Chop with Demi Glaze, Vegetable and Red Bliss Potato

*Roasted Lamb Rack with Au Jus, Vegetable and Red Skin Potato

*Grilled Prime Beef Fillet with Truffle Sauce

Breakfast Meals
Asparagus and Boursin Cheese Omelet with Canadian Ham

Plain Congee with Assorted Delicatessens

Stuffed French Toast with Mascarpone Marmalade
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:36 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Here are my choices for an upcoming SEA-TPE flight. Any recommendations?

Supper:
Steamed Seabass with Egg White Sauce Served with Stir Fried Vegetables and Multiple Grain Rice
Roasted Duck in Lai Fun Noodle Soup with Traditional Delicatessen
Grilled Prime Steak with Wild Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetable and Mashed Potato
*Braised Chicken with Mountain Yam and King Oyster Mushroom Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Braised Lamb Shank with Minted Pesto Served with Vegetables and Parmesan Polenta
*Seared Duck with Orange Demi Served with Vegetables and Quinoa
*Stir Fried Shrimp and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Braised Abalone, Sea Cucumber and Fish Maw Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Breakfast:
Plain Congee served with Cold Delicatessen and Stir Fried Shredded Chicken with Sugar Pea and Capsicum, Pan Fried Egg with Dried Turnip
Onion and Three Color Peppers Frittata with Hash Brown
Shao Bing with Yellow Leek and Chicken Julienne with Traditional Delicatessen and Longan and Wolfberry with Chestnuts Congee
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pre-ordered on my way to TPE and they did not load my choice, did not tell me until entree time (4th course) and tried to play dumb ("did you order online?"). Not good

Out of TPE, it seems the "regular" choices are more appealing than the pre-order...

嫩煎頂級Prime牛排鵝肝紅酒醬佐時蔬及洋芋
嫩煎鱈魚蔥薑醍醐醬佐鮮蔬及廣式炒麵
腰果雞丁佐時蔬及青江菜飯

*Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Parmentier Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
*檸香烘羊排佐迷迭香草醬,洋芋及鮮蔬集錦
*Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato
*嫩煎香草鴨胸佐黑櫻桃醇酒醬,蘆筍培根捲及洋芋
*Pan Seared Salmon Fillet and Cold Smoked Tuna Coated with Spinach and Sesame Delight Salad
*嫩煎鮭魚佐芝麻燻鮪魚輕食沙拉
*Braised Bean Curd,Burduck,Buttum Mushroom with Monascus Purpareus Sauce in Baby Pumpkin,Five Grain Rice
*養生紅麴豆腐牛蒡蘑菇南瓜盅佐五穀米飯
*Sauteed Scallop and Prawn with Herb Cream Sauce serve with Charcoal Noodles Tossed with Olive Oil and Buttered Vegetable
*嫩煎鮮蝦干貝佐香草奶油醬,竹炭麵及奶油鮮蔬

菠菜蛋包佐加拿大火腿
Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Scallion, Wok Fried Shredded Chicken with Mushroom and Vegetables
寶島清粥佐傳統風味小菜、青蔥蟹肉炒蛋、彩蔬珊瑚菇雞絲
海鮮湯麵佐配傳統風味小菜
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
My choices for my upcoming LAX-TPE flight Friday. Any suggestions?

Hainanese Chicken Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chicken Rice
Angus Beef Fillet with Truffle Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Noodle Soup with Prawn Wonton Served with Smoked Chicken and Marinated Vegetable Julienne
*Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale
*Chilean Seabass with Crispy Bean Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
*Poached Cornish Hen, Seasonal Vegetables, Saffron Fingerling Potato
*Rack of Lamb with Tapenade, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Parsnip
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:20 am

Only three choices for BR 226 SIN-TPE? Will there be more options onboard?

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken with BBQ Sauce, Mixed Vegetables and Potato
Laksa Noodle
Braised Beef Brisket with Carrot and Radish,Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by orsetto
Only three choices for BR 226 SIN-TPE? Will there be more options onboard?

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken with BBQ Sauce, Mixed Vegetables and Potato
Laksa Noodle
Braised Beef Brisket with Carrot and Radish,Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
no
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KevinInRI
My choices for my upcoming LAX-TPE flight Friday. Any suggestions?

Hainanese Chicken Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Chicken Rice
Angus Beef Fillet with Truffle Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Noodle Soup with Prawn Wonton Served with Smoked Chicken and Marinated Vegetable Julienne
*Wagyu Beef Sirloin with Truffle Hollandaise Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato with Kale
*Chilean Seabass with Crispy Bean Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Egg Fried Rice
*Poached Cornish Hen, Seasonal Vegetables, Saffron Fingerling Potato
*Rack of Lamb with Tapenade, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Parsnip
My wife did love the rack of lamb. Many others have said the Wagyu beef sirloin was dry, but if I didn't have a dairy allergy, i'd be over all over that just to try it!
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gba
Here are my choices for an upcoming SEA-TPE flight. Any recommendations?

Supper:
Steamed Seabass with Egg White Sauce Served with Stir Fried Vegetables and Multiple Grain Rice
Roasted Duck in Lai Fun Noodle Soup with Traditional Delicatessen
Grilled Prime Steak with Wild Mushroom Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetable and Mashed Potato
*Braised Chicken with Mountain Yam and King Oyster Mushroom Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Braised Lamb Shank with Minted Pesto Served with Vegetables and Parmesan Polenta
*Seared Duck with Orange Demi Served with Vegetables and Quinoa
*Stir Fried Shrimp and Scallop with XO Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice
*Braised Abalone, Sea Cucumber and Fish Maw Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Breakfast:
Plain Congee served with Cold Delicatessen and Stir Fried Shredded Chicken with Sugar Pea and Capsicum, Pan Fried Egg with Dried Turnip
Onion and Three Color Peppers Frittata with Hash Brown
Shao Bing with Yellow Leek and Chicken Julienne with Traditional Delicatessen and Longan and Wolfberry with Chestnuts Congee
Uhh, duhhhh. Abalone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by msm
But, a week later Eva totally redeemed herself. Upstairs in Super Business on a 747-400 Combi serving BR272 from Manila to Taipei, I was served a Salmon dish that was just phenomenal. It was unexpected and really very good.
On a TPE-SGN flight back in December, my wife and I were served:

"Pan Fried Halibut Fillet with Citrus Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Shimeji Mushroom"

She was still talking about how good it was 4 days later. And she was right.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:17 pm
RJ1

Just off BR7 SFO-TPE. Had preselected the stir fried shrimp & scallops. Disappointed. Scallops were tough and chewy, and the flavors in the dish were lacking. However, the breakfast was very good. Asparagus omelette and all the accompaniments very tasty.

First time on BR. Seat was a little hard. Would recommend placing the comforter flat on the seat and lay on top of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.