Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by nycua1k
Here's a review of BR's most recent meal service in RL on the TPE to SFO route posted by Lucky in his blog. A bit shocking and disappointing to read. Has anyone flown the JFK/TPE route recently?

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...usiness-class/
Originally Posted by nycua1k
Thanks for sharing. I can't but appreciate the pix. Night and day when comparing pix from the two blogs. I didn't see any pix for snacks on the tpe to jfk route. that is a long flight without a substantial snack of some sort to fight off hunger.
Just because a clueless blogger doesn't know how to order the proper full meal that is being offered, it doesn't make EVA's product disappointing @:-)
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by BlissWorld
Just because a clueless blogger doesn't know how to order the proper full meal that is being offered, it doesn't make EVA's product disappointing @:-)
^

will also report after my flight later this week. I've put in my order for some tasty Chinese choices for my legs ex. TPE, including...

岩燒杏鮑菇佐齋香三杯醬
清蒸蔥薑龍膽石斑佐魚露汁
無錫腩排

Last edited by savekenny; Jul 15, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by savekenny
^

will also report after my flight later this week. I've put in my order for some tasty Chinese choices for my legs ex. TPE, including...

岩燒杏鮑菇佐齋香三杯醬
清蒸蔥薑龍膽石斑佐魚露汁
無錫腩排
Seriously, it's a blogger.

Any flight that has 無錫腩排 is a winner for me. I love the food on the TSN-TPE flights.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by savekenny
^

岩燒杏鮑菇佐齋香三杯醬
清蒸蔥薑龍膽石斑佐魚露汁
無錫腩排
Well prepare the steam fish(清蒸蔥薑龍膽石斑佐魚露汁) nicely on-board is a big challenge. I'm looking forward for your conclusion
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:52 am

gotta say this after I flew EVA R.L. TPE-YYZ

I ordered Prime Beef and Ding-Tai-Fong noodle breakfast
both were so-so and not so special.
Portions are okay I suppose, presentation/service was also so-so
(I had ate some food before in the Infinity lounge so I didn't feel hungry, but I could understand it's possible to be hungry)

Overall I liked the lounge food selection better than the onboard meals
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
RL meals seemed to be better than PL selection. Sometime, I had enough food at the Lounge, and then had my on board meal midway (departure + 5hours) of my flight. RL gives you the option of having your meals anytime during your flight.

TPE-LAX BR16 / 8 Jul
Pan Fried Herb Pork Fillet - Good
Pan Fried Chicken Patty Wrapped with Bacon - Very Good
LAX-TPE BR11 / 11 Jul
Wu Xi Pork Spareribs - Good
Mini Kobe Beef Sliders - Excellent
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:40 am

I have these option for Business Class from Ams-BKK. Do anyone have experience with any of the meals below and can recommend anyone? What is meant by Energizing Impression Meals? My flight is an overnight so would there be breakfast served?

Super Meal

Pan Fried Cod in Sweet Capsicum Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Pasta
Braised Chicken with Chestnut and Mushroom/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice
Grilled Tournedos with Mushroom Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Creamy Polenta
*Chicken Piccata with Tomato Basil Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Linguini with Chives
*Grilled Lamb Chop with Rosemary Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Gratin Potato
*Seafood in Chili Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice
*Stewed Pork with Masala Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Steamed Rice
*Veal Brisket with Veal Sauce/Mixed Vegetables/Mashed Potato

Energizing Impression Meals

Pancake and Banana with Chocolate Sauce
Salmon Quiche
Beef Soup Noodle
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by rsydney
I have these option for Business Class from Ams-BKK. Do anyone have experience with any of the meals below and can recommend anyone? What is meant by Energizing Impression Meals? My flight is an overnight so would there be breakfast served?

Super Meal

Salmon Quiche
Beef Soup Noodle
You answered your questions already.

Doesn't Pancake or Quiche sound breakfast to you ?

Beef soup noodle is the Chinese choice for breakfast.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by rsydney

Super Meal

Salmon Quiche
Beef Soup Noodle

Anyone have any experience with any of the Super meals? Which one would you recommend?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta, United, American
No lobster on TPE-JFK

Upcoming flight TPE-JFK in RL. Here are my meal choices. Any recs between the beef or lamb?

Flight No:BR0032 TPE-JFK Valid until:08/31/2014 Dinner Meals

1. Pan Fried Prime Beef Fillet Steak Topped with Goose Liver Terrine and Glazed Apple Served with Mixed Vegetable and Red Skin Potato

2. Pan Fried Cod Fish Fillet with Jade Superior Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetable and Five Grain Rice

3. Pan Fried Chicken Breast with Red Wine Sauce Served with Vegetable and Bechamel Spaghetti

4. *Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Parmentier Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

5. *Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato

6. *Pan Seared Salmon Fillet and Cold Smoked Tuna Coated with Spinach and Sesame Delight Salad

7. *Braised Bean Curd,Burduck,Buttum Mushroom with Monascus Purpareus Sauce in Baby Pumpkin,Five Grain Rice

8. *Sauteed Scallop and Prawn with Herb Cream Sauce serve with Charcoal Noodles Tossed with Olive Oil and Buttered Vegetable

2nd meal is:
1. Noodle Soup with Seafood Served with Traditional Delicatessens

2. Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Scallion, Baby Cabbage with Ginkgo Nut

3. Vegetable Egg Frittata Served with Pan Fried Chicken Sausage

Is the Noodle Soup the Ding-Tai-Fong meal?? Does anyone have a photo of this option?
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clintonuws
2nd meal is:

2. Taiwanese Plain Congee Served with Cold Delicatessen, Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Scallion, Baby Cabbage with Ginkgo Nut

Is the Noodle Soup the Ding-Tai-Fong meal?? Does anyone have a photo of this option?
I don't think seafood noodle soup is on Ding Tai Fung's menu and I would think they would mention it if it was the case.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by username
I don't think seafood noodle soup is on Ding Tai Fung's menu and I would think they would mention it if it was the case.
I'm confident its not Ding Tai Fung's otherwise they would have bragged the crap out of it.

Even if it was the Ding Tai Fung's noodles, don't take it. It's night and day compared to eating it @ the real place
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:20 am

Upcoming flight TPE-JFK in RL. Here are my meal choices. Any recs between the beef or lamb?

1. Pan Fried Prime Beef Fillet Steak Topped with Goose Liver Terrine and Glazed Apple Served with Mixed Vegetable and Red Skin Potato

2. Pan Fried Cod Fish Fillet with Jade Superior Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetable and Five Grain Rice

3. Pan Fried Chicken Breast with Red Wine Sauce Served with Vegetable and Bechamel Spaghetti

4. *Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce serve with Parmentier Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables

5. *Pan Fried Duck Breast with Dark Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Asparagus Rolled with Bacon,Roasted Potato

6. *Pan Seared Salmon Fillet and Cold Smoked Tuna Coated with Spinach and Sesame Delight Salad

7. *Braised Bean Curd,Burduck,Buttum Mushroom with Monascus Purpareus Sauce in Baby Pumpkin,Five Grain Rice

8. *Sauteed Scallop and Prawn with Herb Cream Sauce serve with Charcoal Noodles Tossed with Olive Oil and Buttered Vegetable

2nd meal is:

I have no tried their beef, but enjoyed my lamb on the recent flight. It was not perfect, but was very tasty and tender. It looked more like it was steamed and then quickly broiled or maybe its texture has changed while it was warmed up. Anyways only two bones were left once I have finished my meal
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:16 pm
RJ1

2nd meal is:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the significance of the *star* designation before some of the meals, such as Item #8 above?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by RJ1
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the significance of the *star* designation before some of the meals, such as Item #8 above?
*star* means those are the special meals only for pre-order, without the *star* means they are available in the inflight menus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.