[LASTNAME]/[FIRSTNAME][MIDDLEINITIAL][TITLE]

It may be helpful to see how your name is listed on your eTicket receipt
Print Wikipost

Air China: how do I check my booking?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
changing CA FF #?

I have a domestic flight on CA booked for next week -- a group of us are going together. Looking at the travelsky booking site, it appears my boss' PA put his FF# in all the bookings...

My chinese is abysmal: but I can't seem to find an easy way to change the FF online...or is there?

Also, the booking has my surname/ first name wrong way round (given I'm not Chinese, easy mistake) -- will this cause issues?

thanks,

tb
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:04 pm

Any tips on how to pull up CA booking? I am having trouble on all the above methods. Got CA PNR, united ticket number, but nothing come up. help!!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, US Airways, Amex
If you have a middle name in your reservation, you can also try in the name field
LASTNAME/FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME
(there is a space between the firstname and middlename fields)
If you have a United ticket number, I don't know if it shows up on the travelsky website, as I thought travelsky was just for tickets with eticket numbers from chinese airlines (eg. Air China, China southern, china eastern), though it won't hurt to try it out.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
I have an award ticket that I booked with United miles that includes an Air China international segment. I was finally able to pull up my reservation on travelsky.com using the Air China PNR that UA gave me. I had to enter my name like this (with all capitals and no spaces): LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMIDDLEINITIALMR

Unfortunately, that only brought up the basic info of my reservation. No way to do seat assignments.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 5:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Morrissey
I have an award ticket that I booked with United miles that includes an Air China international segment. I was finally able to pull up my reservation on travelsky.com using the Air China PNR that UA gave me. I had to enter my name like this (with all capitals and no spaces): LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMIDDLEINITIALMR

Unfortunately, that only brought up the basic info of my reservation. No way to do seat assignments.
I was able to get a seat assignment by calling the US rep.

This was after I spent time figuring out how to bring up the reservation on travelsky.com, only to find out the same thing you did: I just saw basic info, had no access to seat maps.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:31 am

does any know if business class award tickets booked from UA MP is eligible for the free limo ride and free hotel?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
does any know if business class award tickets booked from UA MP is eligible for the free limo ride and free hotel?
Yes, we know, and the answer is, "no" (well, you might get a hotel in the unlikely event you have a forced overnight, but it surely wouldn't be a hotel in which you'd actually consider residing).
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
I was able to get it working using the US Air ticket number but I do not see the Air China confirmation.

I have called Air China and they do see my record in their system but confirmed to me that there will be no Air China PNR or Ticket # since US Air issued the ticket. I should contact them for the details, US AIr has given me the Air China PNR but I am at a loss here.

Finally!!! I was able to look it up using the 2nd ticket number that Lufhtansa provided me when I had called them last night. US Air gave me one ticket number only and that does not show the Air China Itinerary but second one does...

Last edited by genesys9; Jul 21, 2013 at 9:39 am Reason: Updated comments
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:20 am

Travelsky verification succeeded, now how to check itinerary?

Many thanks to everyone for all the comments above! Very helpful!

I've managed to verify my trip using Travelsky, but can't manage to check my itinerary...

I booked via Priceline and it's been issued by Air China. The route is AMS-FRA-PEK-HKG, returning PVG-PEK-MUN-AMS. Respective airlines: KL-CA-CA, returning CA-CA-LH. I've received the eticket numbers, a KLM/LH reservation number (PNR) and a Air China reservation number (PNR)

For verification (on the Travelsky homepage) I succeeded by using the eticket numbers and LASTNAME/FIRSTNAMEMR.

However for checking the itinerary (http://www.travelsky.com/newsky/journey_online.jsp) I have not managed. I understand I have to use the Air China PNR (not the eticket number or KLM/LH PNR) and a similar name combination? I've tried literally every imaginable comnination of first and last name, reversed, with spaces or slashes, with or without titles, and every variation of capitals and lower case... but no luck!! What is the way to do it?

Interestingly enough I've managed to verify the booking via checkmytrip (using the KLM/LH PNR), but the flight from Shanghai to Beijing is missing... does anyone know why?

I'd be very happy if anyone can share their thoughts on these two questions! Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by reyps

Interestingly enough I've managed to verify the booking via checkmytrip (using the KLM/LH PNR), but the flight from Shanghai to Beijing is missing... does anyone know why?

I'd be very happy if anyone can share their thoughts on these two questions! Thanks!
Why didn't you call CA?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I would also concur on the call CA

They can also email the BASIC info in their record (not a full e-ticket info put PNR basic info)
Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:04 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Sorry to bring this back to life... I'm on the travelsky website now and on the first ticket number field, I put in the six digit confirmation code UA gave me (for the CA segments), and for all segments on my itinerary (even the ones on LH), the status says "已确认,请及时出票(HK)", which means "confirmed, please ticket as soon as possible." Something along that line. Does this mean I am okay? I don't need to check in online Xhours before departure?

Last edited by TOMFORD; Oct 28, 2013 at 7:18 am
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by agp423
Sorry to bring this back to life... I'm on the travelsky website now and on the first ticket number field, I put in the six digit confirmation code UA gave me (for the CA segments), and for all segments on my itinerary (even the ones on LH), the status says "已确认,请及时出票(HK)", which means "confirmed, please ticket as soon as possible." Something along that line. Does this mean I am okay? I don't need to check in online Xhours before departure?
There is a link to see res details from there ; (sorry don't have an active Chinese res to view in travelshy); it will show on that the eticket number.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by NickP 1K
There is a link to see res details from there ; (sorry don't have an active Chinese res to view in travelshy); it will show on that the eticket number.
On the page that shows all the segments of my flight?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by agp423
If it is a United award reservation and United has not e-mailed you a genuine real receipt with a genuine real e-ticket number, it probably is not ticketed. (e-mail itineraries promising your reservation is confirmed do not count if it's not a receipt with an e-ticket number) United has MAJOR problems with sometimes not ticketing award reservations and if this is the case it is probable CA will drop the reservation after a couple of days. If it's more than 10 or 12 hours since you made the reservation with United and you still don't have an e-ticket number you better get on the phone to United and harass them relentlessly until they give you a real e-ticket number because you will surely lose the reservation if one does not exist.

Pull it up on united.com and click on "view receipt". If you cant, there is not a real ticket.

Last edited by Mabuk dan gila; Oct 30, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.