Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA lounge renovations -- finally!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
EVA lounge renovations -- finally!

Just got an email from EVA to the effect that they are renovating the lounges in Taipei. The lounges will be partially closed from late October until 12/31/2010.

Silver members will get a "meal coupon" in lieu of lounge access when crowding occurs.

'Bout damn time. That lounge was starting to define "grubby."
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Knowing EVA the cost of the renovations will have to be recovered from "cost-downing" the food...
Old Oct 8, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: EVA Infinity Delta Skymiles
Lounge renovation

"During the renovation period, meal coupon will be issued to the Silver Card member as alternative for the eligibility of lounge usage due to space limitation."

I understood that to mean, if you are a Silver Elite, you won't be using the lounge during the renovation period. Is that what you guys understand?

TG
Old Oct 8, 2010, 12:49 pm

Yes.

I suppose depending on the value of the voucher it could be a nice change to the dreary lounge.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:07 pm

When the BKK airport was closed a while back, they put me up at their 'transit hotel' & the food coupon was worth about $6. Used it at Starbucks as I recall. wj
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:36 pm

There can't be many Silvers flying in Elite. They ought be able to put them in the More lounge or the Krisflyer lounge next door. I suppose that would be too expensive.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I don't think you have to fly in Elite as a Silver for Taipei Lounge?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I don't think you have to fly in Elite as a Silver for Taipei Lounge?
Oh yeah of course. It's non-EVA lounges where Silvers need to be in Elite to get in.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:04 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by jimbo99
the Krisflyer lounge next door.
Krisflyer is already full of Star Alliance Gold elites from carriers handled by EVA who escape from Evergreen Lounge taking advantage of Star Gold open door policy (OK - seriously, I always use Krisflyer lounge flying with OZ to ICN - OZ is handled by EVA and at check-in they always give me invitation to Evergreen Lounge, that I politely decline.)
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:33 am

OK... but there are (or used to be) times of the day when it was completely closed and the few times I'd been in there it wasn't very full.

But anyway my idea was wrong anyway, because I'd forgotten that Silver economy flyers still get access at TPE. The numbers would certainly be too great.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by jimbo99
Oh yeah of course. It's non-EVA lounges where Silvers need to be in Elite to get in.
I know what you mean but it's becoming non-hub lounges now cause SFO is actually owned by them as well.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Just to clarify: It's called the Silver Kris Lounge, not the KrisFlyer Lounge.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
So how come as a Diamond member, I'm not getting these e-mails? I would love to see all three lounges renovated. And I would really like to see the Diamond lounge at least have toilet facilities instead of having to go out of the lounge. And oh yeah, a few more showers would be welcome too.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ak333
So how come as a Diamond member, I'm not getting these e-mails?
I haven't received one either (yet).

And I would really like to see the Diamond lounge at least have toilet facilities instead of having to go out of the lounge.
I sometimes have a fantasy about the immigration area below.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 3:55 pm

So how come as a Diamond member, I'm not getting these e-mails? I would love to see all three lounges renovated. And I would really like to see the Diamond lounge at least have toilet facilities instead of having to go out of the lounge. And oh yeah, a few more showers would be welcome too.
Unlike Silver members... you won't be denied entrance... so you don't need prior notices!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.