Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Apache137
The new tiers and rate changes and all these new changes really make it difficult to enjoy.

I signed up in march of this year when there were no "tiers"

The introduction of tiers kind of nullifies the point of "locking in" the rates you're paying now for every year to come.

That they constantly change the terms is pretty frustrating.

So they're removing the free heli transfers entirely now? Or am I misunderstanding this?

If so, in new york for example, is the convenience of no lines and no security and so on now outweighed by having to make your way to and from teterboro?
Heli transfers are free until your next renewal. Then they are $150 per transfer (unless they decide to change that next week too).
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:02 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Skywards, JetSmarter, Etihad Guest, BA Executive Club
I was just on Member initiated shuttle yesterday from HPN TO VNY but had to make a stop in Cleveland for refueling. Apparently due to bad weather in NY. it was inconvenient but overall flight was smooth & members on plane were nice and quite.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by mwood20
Heli transfers are free until your next renewal. Then they are $150 per transfer (unless they decide to change that next week too).
I see. So what happens if/when they introduce a new tier that includes heli transfers? what does that mean for the "grandfathered rate?"

"you can keep paying the same, but we'll just give you less, unless you want to pay more."
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I got it verified: HPN<->LTN shuttles are ONE token plus cash.

I messaged my Rep and he responded.

Originally Posted by Sykes
I knew they ran a Global Express on the LON->NYC segment ... didn't know they used it on the NYC->LON too. A Global Express with only 5-6 seats full does dramatically change the value compared to the advertised G IV with 10 people.

NYC<->LON is now only a single token plus cash so you can book round-trip up front. (I don't think the app shows any tokens at all, but it deducts them.)
Attached Images  
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Apache137
If so, in new york for example, is the convenience of no lines and no security and so on now outweighed by having to make your way to and from teterboro?
Getting to and from TEB isn't too bad. Getting to and from HPN from NYC is a nightmare. The hassle of getting to the HPN is far greater than the hassle of airport security.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:37 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Also confirmed via my rep the access/social membership is still available on request.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Getting to and from TEB isn't too bad. Getting to and from HPN from NYC is a nightmare. The hassle of getting to the HPN is far greater than the hassle of airport security.
I agree, I did it once and it was terrible driving. I wouldn't ever do it again. Heli transfers are much easier/convenient and less stressful.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
The inflation clause has been in the contract forever. Seven months into my Smart membership and quite happy, no question I'll renew at this point.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Been a bad week this week:

Saturday: OAK-SBA: Cancelled at T-8
Sunday: SFO-MSO: Cancelled at T-6
Thurs: OAK-APA: Cancelled at T-7
Fri: OAK-VNY: Cancelled, at the last minute, while we were at the airport.

I guess the good news is that there were that many empty legs I could potentially use. But 0/4 and I'm pretty bummed. #sadpanda
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dordal
Been a bad week this week:

Saturday: OAK-SBA: Cancelled at T-8
Sunday: SFO-MSO: Cancelled at T-6
Thurs: OAK-APA: Cancelled at T-7
Fri: OAK-VNY: Cancelled, at the last minute, while we were at the airport.

I guess the good news is that there were that many empty legs I could potentially use. But 0/4 and I'm pretty bummed. #sadpanda
For the four, how many had you actually received and signed off on the invoice?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by oenophilist
For the four, how many had you actually received and signed off on the invoice?
OAK - VNY was cancelled due to mechanical , correct? That has happened to me while I was in the plane on the ground a few times, but apparently that happens to everyone in this industry.

Cancellations do happen and over the years I have learned that flights on the APP that are posted two days out still have a good chance of "cancelling" because the paying charter customer can cancel within 18-24 hours. That is part of the reason all the XO jets do not confirm until 5 hours before.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 12:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by KurtR
OAK - VNY was cancelled due to mechanical , correct? That has happened to me while I was in the plane on the ground a few times, but apparently that happens to everyone in this industry.

Cancellations do happen and over the years I have learned that flights on the APP that are posted two days out still have a good chance of "cancelling" because the paying charter customer can cancel within 18-24 hours. That is part of the reason all the XO jets do not confirm until 5 hours before.
Those were kinda my thoughts as well. I've only had one flight cancel after I signed the invoice, and that was for mechanical. I've had a few that were on the app but never confirmed, i.e. I was never sent the invoice to sign off on it. As far as I am concerned, until I sign the invoice, I don't have a confirmed flight and it is subject to change. Once I've signed the invoice (and I'm on the hook for a no-show), then the only reason it should ever cancel is for mechanical reasons, and that should be extraordinarily rare.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:41 pm

I flew my first empty-leg today. I flew from Van Nuys to San Diego, and it was fun. It was a Challenger 300 with a full complement of 8 pax. Great group of guys, great crew.

The bummer was taking AMTRAK back from San Diego with a hundred people standing in the aisles because they WAY oversold the train.

I'll be flying more empty-legs, its kind of addicting.

Steve
Attached Images     

Last edited by backdoc; Sep 5, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by backdoc
I flew my first empty-leg today. I flew from Van Nuys to San Diego, and it was fun. It was a Challenger 300 with a full complement of 8 pax. Great group of guys, great crew.

The bummer was taking AMTRAK back from San Diego with a hundred people standing in the aisles because they WAY oversold the train.

I'll be flying more empty-legs, its kind of addicting.

Steve
Steve - welcome to a great club in the sky - you should have stayed overnight in SAN and taken the SAN to VNY shuttle tomorrow morning and forgone the train. The planes they use for this shuttle just completed their exterior and interior refurbishment. Great shuttle! Hope to see you on that one soon.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 10:42 pm

Yeah, I saw that.

My dogs wouldn't tolerate not being fed at 4am, as they require.

I'm not new to JetSmarter I've flown 10 transcon shuttles and one VNY-OAK as well since January. I had just never tried the empty-leg thing.

Originally Posted by KurtR
Steve - welcome to a great club in the sky - you should have stayed overnight in SAN and taken the SAN to VNY shuttle tomorrow morning and forgone the train. The planes they use for this shuttle just completed their exterior and interior refurbishment. Great shuttle! Hope to see you on that one soon.

Last edited by backdoc; Sep 6, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.