Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:57 am

Hi there,

Several question, so at the beginning I wanted to try the Smart membership, but after checking in details, all flight start from London Luton which is far from us, and once you go to Ibiza, Geneva and Nice, you did everything you can do from London, so pay 30kUSD for both of us doesn't seem really a good idea.

I guess you are more used than me to check the flight from London, have you already seen interesting destination, I checked since yesterday and it's more small city lost in the countryside in EU than interesting cities.

Is a jetdeal shared ?

Thank you for your advices
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by millions
Taking all that at face value, there are actually plenty minis of booze on this flight. Just no wine or beer, which is all I would like to accompany my lunch.
Pilot says they don't stock beer or wine unless there's a special request to do so. JetSmarter website and marketing promises otherwise, however.
Must be different crews with different opinions. I flew 8/18 on CX on XOJet from Carlsbad to San Jose and bar was full and available. Not a drinker but just adding my experience. Also had two bottles of champagne and wine on ice by the kitchen on the floor in a cooler.

Side note - zero snacks on board - no m&m or peanuts or those chips I normally see.

Last edited by KurtR; Aug 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:01 pm

Extra seats on shuttles between Vegas, LA, and SF have increased to $599 each way.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Thats a ridiculous amount for a KingAir

Sigh....

Extra seats on shuttles between Vegas, LA, and SF have increased to $599 each way.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:18 pm

Tell me about it. I gave a friend a ride up to Oakland a couple of weeks ago. All eight seats taken, and we are 6'1" and 6'3". So much fun playing footsie (practically kneesie) the whole flight.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Wow, the LA/NY shuttle went up as well.

The LA/NY shuttle went up to $5490 from $4990 for the extra seat.

Tell me about it. I gave a friend a ride up to Oakland a couple of weeks ago. All eight seats taken, and we are 6'1" and 6'3". So much fun playing footsie (practically kneesie) the whole flight.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by backdoc
The LA/NY shuttle went up to $5490 from $4990 for the extra seat.
Does anyone even go to Atlanta from White Plains? They must be losing their ... on that shuttle. The one friday only has 12 seats open and the following weeks are pretty much empty.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Skywards, JetSmarter, Etihad Guest, BA Executive Club
LA/NY Shuttle

i wonder why they haven't yet increased more LA/NY flights they're always sold old 2 week in advance. i initiated a flight NY/LA flight and that got sold old literally 40 min after it got posted for other members.

Do they just want us to initiate it for more $$$$$$?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boodb772
i wonder why they haven't yet increased more LA/NY flights they're always sold old 2 week in advance. i initiated a flight NY/LA flight and that got sold old literally 40 min after it got posted for other members.

Funny you say that because I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago. And that's crazy it sold out within 40 minutes.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Boodb772

And prob because they lose money on them, but want the 'prestige' of having coast to coast service.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Ugh, this company is soooo frustrating...
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oenophilist
Ugh, this company is soooo frustrating...
Agreed.

Once onboard the jets all the problems seem to slip away, and it is an incredible experience for the annual fee paid. But then I think thats because that aspect of the service is run by well established operators.

Dealing with JS however can be frustrating, and the way they are constantly changing their prices, T+C's, etc, makes me uneasy.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Acrbag
Agreed.

Once onboard the jets all the problems seem to slip away, and it is an incredible experience for the annual fee paid. But then I think thats because that aspect of the service is run by well established operators.

Dealing with JS however can be frustrating, and the way they are constantly changing their prices, T+C's, etc, makes me uneasy.
I agree the experience is amazing for the price. I also recognize that JS is an ever evolving startup. I liken the changes to amazon changing prime rates and return policies often and uber changing their pricing structure and service offerings while all the while attempting to enhance the experience.

Since I have my own startup I am more open to rolling with the changes and adapting to JS changes. For me personally, the changes have been and continue to be positive - because of my demand and my location for sure - new shuttle out of San Diego is a big PLUS for me.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Acrbag
Agreed.

Some of you have been much luckier with your experiences than I have. I've:

* Had screaming Children running around and nearly knocking over my laptop and beverages
* Been seated on a sofa for a 5-hour flight, with no tray or table available
* Often had to ask my neighbor if I could run my power cord over him
* Received the same wilted sandwiches on stale bread for cross-country flights
* Been on a transcontinental shuttle with no flight attendant and no wine or beer
* Been on on a transcon shuttle and a CHI-LA shuttle with no internet
* Been on a jammmed KingAir from Vegas with my friend's knees knocking against mine
* Been on a jammed empty leg with no beverages

The "best" shuttle I've flown was due to the fact that there was a no-show who would've been seated across from me. But even on a generally good flight, I've had to spend 5 hours staring across at a stranger on a seat that reclines only slightly while trying to avoid playing footsie. And I'm lucky to have a sandwich and some chips with a Diet Coke.

The only pluses for me have been boarding and the helicopter into Manhattan (though on the occassion the weather prevented it, the van from White Plains was horrific).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:14 pm

Some of you have been much luckier with your experiences than I have. I've:

* Had screaming Children running around and nearly knocking over my laptop and beverages
* Been seated on a sofa for a 5-hour flight, with no tray or table available
* Often had to ask my neighbor if I could run my power cord over him
* Received the same wilted sandwiches on stale bread for cross-country flights
* Been on a transcontinental shuttle with no flight attendant and no wine or beer
* Been on on a transcon shuttle and a CHI-LA shuttle with no internet
* Been on a jammmed KingAir from Vegas with my friend's knees knocking against mine
* Been on a jammed empty leg with no beverages

The "best" shuttle I've flown was due to the fact that there was a no-show who would've been seated across from me. But even on a generally good flight, I've had to spend 5 hours staring across at a stranger on a seat that reclines only slightly while trying to avoid playing footsie. And I'm lucky to have a sandwich and some chips with a Diet Coke.

The only pluses for me have been boarding and the helicopter into Manhattan (though on the occassion the weather prevented it, the van from White Plains was horrific).
Ouch - I feel you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.