Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Acrbag
That's shocking IMHO. If I put my details to any other charter website, I'm hounded with emails and phone calls.
'

I have had good experiences with several local charter companies for my very infrequent needs over the past few years. Agree- usually when I inquire, there's an overwhelming response to help.

I'm a tweener. I fly too far to make a reasonable membership in something like Wheels Up work, and I don't quite fly enough to justify the jet card experience. JS would have been perfect for me. I initially was intrigued by the silly low costs for the emtyp legs- even for non-members. I would religiously check the app, finding deal after deal that interested me. Almost pulled the trigger a few times on the empties. Then they became much more expensive (once it was more than double a first class ticket I became less enamored for the shorter flights), and finally cut off non-members. I expected this to happen, and to be fair JS did pique my interest initially through this process.

I know it's difficult for some to comprehend, but there are those of us who can afford to fly private but who also like to internally justify the cost. I do it for business needs or special occasions, but would obviously like to find a reason for more....a perfect JS operaiton would likely fit.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
I've been a member for almost 6 months now and flown about 20 times. While there's certainly been complaints I've had many have been sorted out and I've found concierge members today to be quite responsive. Overall my experience has been quite positive and look forward to renewing.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Membership Card

Have you received your membership card yet?

We joined in late January 2016 and have not received our membership cards yet.

Originally Posted by Townshend
I've been a member for almost 6 months now and flown about 20 times. While there's certainly been complaints I've had many have been sorted out and I've found concierge members today to be quite responsive. Overall my experience has been quite positive and look forward to renewing.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by backdoc
I received my fake-gold metal card within 30 days of my joining in February 2015 in a nice wooden case. Perhaps they decided that since there seemed to be no reason for anyone to carry the card, that they would save the $50 and discontinue issuing them? Then again, that would seem too logical for these guys.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
I received my fake-gold metal card within 30 days of my joining in February 2015 in a nice wooden case. Perhaps they decided that since there seemed to be no reason for anyone to carry the card, that they would save the $50 and discontinue issuing them? Then again, that would seem too logical for these guys.
Not only is there no reason to carry the card, the card is way too heavy to carry. It is a gimmick, albeit not a bad gimmick.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:49 am

Exactly...

And, i want my gimmick!

Originally Posted by oenophilist
not only is there no reason to carry the card, the card is way too heavy to carry. It is a gimmick, albeit not a bad gimmick.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777
No, but they switched it to a nice cardboard case now. I got mine about three weeks after joining.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 10:13 am

Wow, cardboard.

How Kardashian.

Originally Posted by dordal
No, but they switched it to a nice cardboard case now. I got mine about three weeks after joining.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by backdoc

Yes, I got it in April.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by Townshend
Yes, I got it in April.
I use mine for a desktop ornament - which makes for a cool conversation piece with customers and potential new members.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:20 pm

I asked about mine a month ago. They claimed they were backordered because they were "switching suppliers." Told me they'd be coming in about a week. Shockingly, it still hasn;t arrived.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:57 pm

Today was my 5th request for my Membership Card

Ugh.... its not like its a necessary thing, or that its even symbolic, but dammit they made such a big deal about it, to not deliver is just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by millions
I asked about mine a month ago. They claimed they were backordered because they were "switching suppliers." Told me they'd be coming in about a week. Shockingly, it still hasn;t arrived.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by KurtR
Business Model –
Scheduled Shuttles – OF COURSE they are burning money – every startup burns money – so that argument is just a restatement of the fact of startups. If the startup does not burn money, then the investors wonder why. But just like Uber is burning money in china, so to JS must burn money in order to capture share, attract customers, and build organically. However, maturity in a strong business model sets in over time. The trick is to keep that maturity curve steep, by moving fast and furious and working 25 hours a day and 8 days a week on customer acquisition, revenue build, and customer loyalty efforts. I am willing to be my membership that NY – FL – NY is very mature and seats are being purchased more often than not. Side note - do any of you honestly think the prince of Saudi Arabia and Jay Z would invest in a model they do not believe in?

On Demand Shuttles – this has to be a money maker and when I look at the shuttles on the app – I see more and more “member shuttles” popping up. The math is that at least 3-4 seats are paid for to get the shuttle going and then others join in (albeit some free). That shuttle is not paid for my membership fees, its paid for by Credit Cards 
It would seem the goal is to create JS initiated shuttles on various routes, build up the base, then begin to rely on member initiated shuttles ala UberX Pool for private jet travel. Throw in the empty legs and you could have a business model that becomes self sustaining. It wouldn't surprise me if their end goal is to not have any JS initiated shuttles and just becomes an intermediary.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by KurtR
I use mine for a desktop ornament - which makes for a cool conversation piece with customers and potential new members.
(Emphasis mine)

You seem to have an outsized interest in generating new members for JetSmarter.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
(Emphasis mine)

You seem to have an outsized interest in generating new members for JetSmarter.
Flight credits help me bring my family on empty legs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.