Wiki Posts
Search

Last minute air travel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Last minute air travel

Hi all.

New situation for me here and I figured I'd ask the experts. I hope I hit the right forum.

Had plans for a long trip to Vegas starting yesterday. The flu hits, I cancelled my flight.

United's $150 "change fees" will effectively eat all the money away from that ticket, so I am starting from scratch.

I hope to head out on the 8th (the next hotel block I have out there).

What are the best ways for getting low cost air tickets last minute? (My $200 nonstops are of course long gone ) as is the awesome Dec.30-31 Southwest sale.

Thanks in advance!

Spektre
Old Jan 6, 2009, 2:39 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
If you're not looking for miles, you could check Hotwire.com and see if there is a better deal there.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Sometimes, if there is availablity, it is time to use those miles up.

Or

You could look at bidding via Priceline. Bidding is free.

Romelle
Old Feb 18, 2009, 2:01 pm

When bidding on Priceline, do you have to bid a round trip, or can you just do a one-way?

I was trying to bid a one-way on priceline and it did not seem to want to let me do it.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.