Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Help needed: What do you like and dislike about flight/hotel booking search forms?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help needed: What do you like and dislike about flight/hotel booking search forms?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AA, BMI, Marriott
Question Help needed: What do you like and dislike about flight/hotel booking search forms?

I need a little help with an upcoming project, I'm redesigning a flight/hotel search form. You know the form on the homepage of a travel site where you enter your destination dates etc. Here are some prominent examples:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9602/widgetsxc7.jpg

So I'm researching and was trying to think of who I could ask about these forms. Then it occured to me that if the rest of you FTers search for travel as often as i do (daily often) then you guys might be the perfect crowd to ask.

So its as simple as that what do you like and dislike about those search forms? Are there any cool features that save you time or sites that you use because they make search easy? Equally any forms that just annoy you or discourage you from using a particular travel site? I'm looking primarily at hotel bookings but also flights+hotel packages.

Many Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by johnnytoobad
So its as simple as that what do you like and dislike about those search forms? Are there any cool features that save you time or sites that you use because they make search easy? Equally any forms that just annoy you or discourage you from using a particular travel site? I'm looking primarily at hotel bookings but also flights+hotel packages.
For hotels, I really like the type of site display used by many Vegas hotels that shows a rate breakdown on a day-to-day basis, then ALSO gives a cumulative total for all the days in the requested trip. So, an option to designate this type of breakdown would be both nice and helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.