Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Vayama/AerLingus TWOV issue for DUB; denied boarding [long]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vayama/AerLingus TWOV issue for DUB; denied boarding [long]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:13 pm

Your experience sounds horrific. My sympathies. I've used the 24hr TWOV provision at heathrow years ago and u do get a stamp and are let out into the arrivals area. One thing I'm surprised by, though it's minor in the context of your story, is why your Schengen visas were limited to 7 days.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Aliquot
There is plenty of bad things to say about vayama, but they will not sell you a two ticket trip. I don't know why the IB codeshare would suggest two tickets, even BA will sell tickets like this.
It is a single E-ticket #. It is just that one flight has a BA code and the other and IB code (though both segments are operated by one airline)
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
It's very hard to read the trip report.

If the OP (2 adults) did not require a transit visa for Ireland, then EI is on the hook to pay EUR 600 denied boarding compensation per passenger + costs of the replacement ticket.

I would hand this over to an attourney at law.

How old were the kids? Couldn't they have travelled by themselves, because they clearly didn't need a visa?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
It's very hard to read the trip report.

If the OP (2 adults) did not require a transit visa for Ireland, then EI is on the hook to pay EUR 600 denied boarding compensation per passenger + costs of the replacement ticket.

I would hand this over to an attourney at law.

How old were the kids? Couldn't they have travelled by themselves, because they clearly didn't need a visa?

Thanks for the comments, warakorn and others. Issue seems to be EI - I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Their website/support had a form to fill in and I was able to include some details. (Phone call resulted in someone asking me for some info and essentially filling out same form and directing me to he web/support page). A case no. was generated and that email notes, "A member of our Guest Relations team will review your request and personally reply to you within the next 30 business days."
So at this point am still waiting. Until I explore legal options.

warakorn - kids are... both under 12 (so, minor enough that I couldn't have let them go)
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Best option would be sue EI in MUC district court - on the basis of EC261/2004. You don't need to live in Germany. It's a pretty straightforward process.
There are many lawyers in Germany who speak English and probably would take such a case.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
Best option would be sue EI in MUC district court - on the basis of EC261/2004. You don't need to live in Germany. It's a pretty straightforward process.
There are many lawyers in Germany who speak English and probably would take such a case.
Thank you for that tip! I'm waiting for (some/any) response from EI - after which I'll pursue this further.
Is there a reason for doing it in MUC (because that was where denial occurred?) - that would be better than doing it in/via US where I live (and bought the ticket)?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KitchenChemProf
Thank you for that tip! I'm waiting for (some/any) response from EI - after which I'll pursue this further.
Is there a reason for doing it in MUC (because that was where denial occurred?) - that would be better than doing it in/via US where I live (and bought the ticket)?
Yesterday (29 business days later) I got an email response to my case from EI guest relations. However, I am still waiting for a follow up response from them to some specific queries as to the rule/regulation about TWOV and staying airside.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by KitchenChemProf
I highly doubt a US court would care about enforcing a foreign law against a foreign party for something that happened in a foreign land.
KitchenChemProf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.