Community
Wiki Posts
Search

edreams - bit cheeky...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:23 am
Original Poster

edreams - bit cheeky...

Just booked a one way flight on edreams in business, which was cheaper than on any other site. I didn't see a catch, so I went for it.

What surprised me is that when I entered the booking code on the actual airline website, it turns out they booked a return - without ever telling me. Their own confirmation showed a one way trip, but I guess that is how they got a cheaper price. It's a random return coming back about a month after the flights I am actually using.

Had to phone the airline about seat selection and they asked the dates of travel etc, was a bit awkward having to say 'and returning on...' to get past security.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
What's the change fee(s) on the ticket? You might be able to use that last leg.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where this could cause trouble is a case in which the return date they booked for you would violate visa or other entry conditions. For example, if one were using YWOV to enter China and then depart very soon on a separate ticket, having the return from China one month later with no return ticket into China could raise questions.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:15 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
that's what I thought too

Had the same thing happen to me with opodo, and looking now I see that edreams and opodo are part of the same group.

Another one to add to my personal blacklist...
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this thread to the FT Online Booking and Travel Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
What's the change fee(s) on the ticket? You might be able to use that last leg.
I imagine pretty poor given it's edreams, but it's a holiday with a company I rarely use, so I would sadly have no use for it!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Where this could cause trouble is a case in which the return date they booked for you would violate visa or other entry conditions. For example, if one were using YWOV to enter China and then depart very soon on a separate ticket, having the return from China one month later with no return ticket into China could raise questions.
Oh good point. I hadn't thought of this, but I will look into it. I have a separate one-way flight to leave said country 5 days later. Hopefully they won't be fussy.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
A return is probably cheaper than a oneway.. so that is why its booked that way, without knowing about it.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which airline doesn't offer seat selection online?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: SE+, OWS
i have booked today on edreams.co.uk .. return flights with czech airlines... the total cost of 77 gbp.. (it was 5 gbp cheaper than on the csa website lol) the price was split in two and in my bank account the first price is charged by the CSA (32gbp) and the second half is charged by edreams.es ... ...? does it mean that CSA is providing these tickets to OTAs just for half of a full price? o.O kinda interesting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.