Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels.com Issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Hotels.com Issue

I booked a "non-refundable" rate on Hotels.com (who is owned by Expedia Inc.) back in February, I live in Ohio, USA and the hotel is in Florida, USA.

I got to the hotel this past weekend and I originally noticed the hotel pictures of the room do not match the website.

The couch looked old and the color was completely faded, the bathroom tiles had odd characters on them, the balcony wasn't the same, there was one TV on the wall and not two (minor I know), no wall separating the "suite" as they called it even though there was one in the pictures, chairs were different, there was a random wet bar not pictured, the lamp was broken, the dresser was busted as well, but they said this was "renovated".

I spoke with the front desk and they said they were switching us to the second room.

While we waited for the second one we called Hotels.com who then contacted the hotel on my behalf and tried to request the hotel to refund it or to see if hotels.com could have us accommodated to another hotel at no cost but the hotel said no for either option.

Prior to getting into the second room the hotel even went as far to offer my underage girlfriend champagne to resolve this. The second room ended up being the same deal as the first

The hotel [Newport Beachside Resort] refused to do anything at all and Hotels.com hasn't assisted either. I know Hotels.com is just the booking agent but the pictures are on their site, which I believe the hotel puts up.

The hotel has been paid at this point for lying in the pictures and won't resolve it themselves.

I tried reaching out on social media to Hotels.com and all I got was "click here to take a survey".

I believe I can take the hotel and/or hotels.com to small claims court but I came here looking for advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'd dispute the charge with your CC company ("failed to deliver services paid for") before I'd go to small claims court. That said, you're not guaranteed the same furnishings as in the photos.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'd dispute the charge with your CC company ("failed to deliver services paid for") before I'd go to small claims court. That said, you're not guaranteed the same furnishings as in the photos.
Unfortunately I bought Hotels.com gift cards and paid with those and I'm not sure how that's not false advertising then, it doesn't make sense how the room could look different based off what I based the booking...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:12 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jnjustice94
Unfortunately I bought Hotels.com gift cards and paid with those and I'm not sure how that's not false advertising then, it doesn't make sense how the room could look different based off what I based the booking...
Pretty rare the burger you get at McDonalds looks anything at all like the one in the advertisements.....

Sucks that you did not get what you thought you were going to. Unfortunately it happens. Personally, I would leave a review on TA, and move on. Small Claims is probably not going to happen, unless you want to spend time traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.