Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Is a refund possible? [cancelling booking through Tripsta]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2017, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Sorry but I couldn't find an appropriate section to post this question, and I hope that it's appropriate for the forum.

I booked a flight through the agency Tripsta with WestJet, and they quoted me a crazy price to change the date - more money than it would cost to just book a whole new flight. So I booked that second flight already. The agency advised me that the trip was completely non-refundable and I'm worried they'll charge me MORE money if I call and cancel the trip. Has anyone experienced this? I was planning to just miss the flight and cancel the credit card that the agency has on file so they can't charge me more. But of course if I can somehow get some money back I'll pursue that.

Thanks!
Ryan
Old May 22, 2017, 6:48 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Let's move the thread to the Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum.

NewbieRunner, co-moderator, CommunityBuzz
Old May 23, 2017, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you cancel you can't be charged an additional amount, i.e. you forfeit the fare paid but that is it. So up to you if you want to cancel or simply no-show. No need to cancel your credit card; it will not be charged and you could always dispute such charge as you have never agreed to it.

You could hope for a schedule change or cancellation which would allow you to ask for a (full) refund (as you don't want to travel on other flights/at other times). Except for that, the amount paid for the first ticket is gone.

Next time book directly with the airline rather than through Tripsta or other OTA.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you cancel you can't be charged an additional amount, i.e. you forfeit the fare paid but that is it. So up to you if you want to cancel or simply no-show. No need to cancel your credit card; it will not be charged and you could always dispute such charge as you have never agreed to it.

You could hope for a schedule change or cancellation which would allow you to ask for a (full) refund (as you don't want to travel on other flights/at other times). Except for that, the amount paid for the first ticket is gone.

Next time book directly with the airline rather than through Tripsta or other OTA.
Exactly what I needed to know - thanks so much SK AAR!
Old May 4, 2018, 3:25 pm

Tripsta - will I be entitled to a refund?

Please help, looking for advice.

I have recently booked return flights through Tripsta from New Zealand to Sri Lanka for July. I booked via Skyscanner and although I had not used Tripsta before I have never had any issues.

A week after booking I received an email from them saying part of the return journey flight was no longer available. I was offered an alternative with a 16 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur which is not suitable.

Tripsta emailed again a further option which I accepted and was waiting for the airline to contact me directly with the ticket details. 10 days later I was notified by Tripsta this option was no longer available.They provided another flight option which is not suitable and I have therefore requested a full refund. Below is their response;

“You are kindly reminded that tripsta, as a travel agency, is acting as intermediary for the services supplied by the air carrier. We are not a co-vendor of such services and therefore, we are not a party to your contractual relation with the air carrier in connection to the product and services provided.

However, we endeavor that you are promptly notified of any significant changes (cancellation or amendment) to your booking but we accept no liability for any changes or costs incurred that may result”.

I paid just over $3000 NZD and am feeling concerned I may not receive a refund. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.