Tripsta -refunds??

Old May 5, 18, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Tripsta -refunds??

Tripsta - will I be entitled to a refund?
Please help, looking for advice.

I have recently booked return flights through Tripsta from New Zealand to Sri Lanka for July. I booked via Skyscanner and although I had not used Tripsta before I have never had any issues.

A week after booking I received an email from them saying part of the return journey flight was no longer available. I was offered an alternative with a 16 hour layover in Kuala Lumpur which is not suitable.

Tripsta emailed again a further option which I accepted and was waiting for the airline to contact me directly with the ticket details. 10 days later I was notified by Tripsta this option was no longer available.They provided another flight option which is not suitable and I have therefore requested a full refund. Below is their response;

“You are kindly reminded that tripsta, as a travel agency, is acting as intermediary for the services supplied by the air carrier. We are not a co-vendor of such services and therefore, we are not a party to your contractual relation with the air carrier in connection to the product and services provided.

However, we endeavor that you are promptly notified of any significant changes (cancellation or amendment) to your booking but we accept no liability for any changes or costs incurred that may result”.

I paid just over $3000 NZD and am feeling concerned I may not receive a refund. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: