Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amoma info - Know this in advance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Amoma info - Know this in advance

It appears that Amoma works with approximately 40 wholesalers. Sometimes they send you a booking number + reservation number, sometimes they don't. Call your hotel to confirm the reservation ahead of time, because as I found out yesterday (thankfully before arriving), the hotel may not be able to locate you if you happen to get one of the wholesalers that don't include the booking #.

If that happens, expect to spend 20 minutes on the phone with Amoma and then 6 - 8 hours waiting for the booking number to be emailed to you.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Velocity & Qantas
BUYER BEWARE!! You may not get a room!

Originally Posted by TravelingNomads
It appears that Amoma works with approximately 40 wholesalers. Sometimes they send you a booking number + reservation number, sometimes they don't. Call your hotel to confirm the reservation ahead of time, because as I found out yesterday (thankfully before arriving), the hotel may not be able to locate you if you happen to get one of the wholesalers that don't include the booking #.

Having selected and paid for 2 rooms in a hotel in Ireland I arrived to be told that only 1 room was available. The hotel explained that they had alerted amoma to this fact at the time of booking but no notice was sent to me by amoma prior to my arrival. To make matters worse, the hotel advised that it was amoma who had booked all the other rooms for a tour group. I am still waiting for a response to their initial email asking why I have asked PayPal to stop payment. It has been almost two weeks of silence. Thank you to PayPal for assisting and supporting my claim for a full refund. Shameful that amoma don't even have the decency (or staff?) to provide even a simple response.

If that happens, expect to spend 20 minutes on the phone with Amoma and then 6 - 8 hours waiting for the booking number to be emailed to you.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

No room? Yikes. We were able to get ours, but it was a hassle. On the flip side, we saved about $1400 for the week, so it was worth the annoyance.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
One other issue I found with Amoma is that they advertise free cancellation until (and then a date). But their T&C's on the payment page show the cancellation is not free. In my case, there was a $60USD fee for cancelling, even immediately after booking. Bait & switch, imo, as I wouldn't have even bothered filling out the form and continuing to the payment page had I seen the cancel fee on the first page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.