Wiki Posts
Search

New Version of Oneworld Electronic Timetable

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
New Version of Oneworld Electronic Timetable

I've just downloaded a new version of the timetable from this page . At first glance, it looks OK to me in that possibly the itineries may survive data updates (yet to be tested, of course).

Any opinions about other aspects?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 6:20 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
I got it a couple of weeks ago and am of two minds. First, I don't mind the functionality and speed of it at all, especially on downloads, although I wonder if that's because I still have the "old" timetable on my system.

However, I am very unhappy that the "all airports" option is gone from the O/D lists. It makes RTW planning, where every coupon counts, a lot harder. Maybe a quibble, but I sent off a note to the webmaster on it (through the help menu) anyway.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:18 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
In my opinion, its rather difficult to use the new version. I preferred the old version. Seems like the Skyteam timetable is based on the new OW version as well.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: CX Gold MPO
The PDA version is better and it calculates the miles (really useful for MR planning!!)

Also the CX Oneworld Timetable is good as it tells you what class is offer (well based on schedule) on the flights and easy to use.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:16 am

Programs: Finnair Plus, SAS EuroBonus
Unhappy Schedule for two months only!

Why is it, that there's data for next two months only?? Not nice if you're planning a trip for November.. you still need to check airliners own timetable.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 4:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
Why is it, that there's data for next two months only?? Not nice if you're planning a trip for November.. you still need to check airliners own timetable.
Not really. I can search dates past 2 months, but you jus thave to be careful that things can change.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Can't you run the two timetables applications side-by-side (I seem to be able to)?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:44 am

Programs: Finnair Plus, SAS EuroBonus
Originally Posted by newcx12345
Not really. I can search dates past 2 months, but you jus thave to be careful that things can change.
Ah.. it was a software bug that blocked dates beyond two months. But I got it work now.. thanks for info.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by zakami
In my opinion, its rather difficult to use the new version. I preferred the old version. Seems like the Skyteam timetable is based on the new OW version as well.
I do too. It was allowing me to manually update the old one but now seems to be stuck on May 21st. Is there any place to get the updated data for the old version?
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Darren
I do too. It was allowing me to manually update the old one but now seems to be stuck on May 21st. Is there any place to get the updated data for the old version?
I actually did a new install for the new version. At the moment I have 2 different version on my laptop. You might want to uninstall the program and reinstall the new version?

Alternatively you might want to try the following:

http://downloads.cathaypacific.com/c...9574_setup.exe

The CX timetable is a lot better as it provides more options on transits and unlike the old Oneworld timetable that was bias towards BA and QF and not offer any other connections, this timetable shows all possible permutation of connections. And it also tells you the MCT and the class config of the aircraft.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:18 pm

Great, Thanks, I will try it out.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
The CX timetable is a lot better as it provides more options on transits and unlike the old Oneworld timetable that was bias towards BA and QF and not offer any other connections, this timetable shows all possible permutation of connections. And it also tells you the MCT and the class config of the aircraft.
Yes the extra info makes it better for me. Thanks, I didn't know about it & so hadn't tried it until just now. I'm glad I posted - another demonstration of the merit of FT ^
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The CX timetable does not seem to give me non CX flights when there is a CX alternative.

E.g. PER-HKG 12th Jan.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:15 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
However, I am very unhappy that the "all airports" option is gone from the O/D lists. It makes RTW planning, where every coupon counts, a lot harder. Maybe a quibble, but I sent off a note to the webmaster on it (through the help menu) anyway.
And the response, nice and quick...
Dear Gardyloo,

Thank you for your feedback on oneworld's new downloadable timetable product. We have had several requests for this feature to be added to the new flight schedule program. The old version was created by a different vendor and had some different features. We are looking to include useful features such as the all airports view back into the new program for the next major release.

Thank you,
(Name)

oneworld webmaster
http://www.oneworld.com
Not bad.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
The PDA version is better and it calculates the miles (really useful for MR planning!!)

Also the CX Oneworld Timetable is good as it tells you what class is offer (well based on schedule) on the flights and easy to use.
I just tried downloading the CX Oneworld Timetable. When I executed the downloaded file it upacked a whole bunch of stuff then proceeded to download NORTON Internet Security 2005. The Oneworld T/T was nowhere to be found on my computer.
Anyone else had this problem?

I already owned Norton prior to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.