Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Australian ETA Visa application*

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 11:46 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Thank you for the service!! My daughter had her birthday recently and in lieu of presents (she has plenty of toys already!! ) we requested people bring food cans to give to the local food bank. Mrs/Miss hauteboy and I are headed to Australia via cruise in June.
Old May 1, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
I've just sent a PM to you, Guy Betsy. We're looking forward to our seventh consecutive Oz Fest.

Last year, along with a traditional donation, we took soccer balls to South Africa and gave them to children in the Kingdom of Lesotho.

This year we will again make a donation to our favorite local charity, a group that does good work for the homeless, and we'll look for any unique opportunities in addition.

Thank you again for offering this service and encouraging us to pay it forward. ^

Update: PM sent and replied to - info e-mailed - Thanks! ^

Last edited by Fredd; May 2, 2014 at 10:52 am Reason: update
Old May 9, 2014, 8:52 pm

Thank you for doing this! Its a wonderful way to get people to pay it forward. I will be making a donation to the American Heart Association. Good hearted dead gets some heart appreciation!
Old May 10, 2014, 9:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Is the ETA tied to the passport or the person? If I have one on an old passport that was renewed, can it be used with the new passport?
Old May 13, 2014, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Is the ETA tied to the passport or the person? If I have one on an old passport that was renewed, can it be used with the new passport?
No, you need a new ETA if you renewed your passport.
Old May 20, 2014, 2:37 pm

I donated! You can too!

Guy,

Just donated to an organization that is very close to our family's heart - CaringBridge.org. It is a nonprofit group that offers protected websites for connecting people when it matters most - to keep family and friends informed as to the progress of a very sick loved one. We have used it for my wife as she has undergone two different organ transplants and numerous other surgeries due to complications. Even better is that through May 21st, all donations up to $35K will be matched!

Also, I just want to remind everyone that the greatest gift you can give is the gift of organ donation. Giving the gift of life or sight is so very easy to do. Just go to www.organdonor.gov and follow the instructions. Do it today because when the time comes, you are usually not able to communicate your intentions.

Finally, I am happy to report that my wife is nearing her two year anniversary of a successful kidney and pancreas transplant! Our month long trip to Australia this August will be a celebration. Our info will be sent to you soon.

Thank you again for your services and helping others to help others!
Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hi Guy,

Thank you so much for doing this! - it is truly inspiring to see how many good deeds have been done because of your generosity.

I've made a donation to my local SPCA - I've always had a huge soft spot for animals, and am so happy there are so many wonderful charities out there devoted to helping animals, as they cannot speak out and help themselves.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:57 pm

Thank you, GuyBetsy.

I have made a donation to Teach For America, an organization working to provide an excellent education for kids in low-income communities.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:10 pm

Thanks once again, Guy. A donation has been made, this time to Doctors Without Borders.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:30 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I had reached out to Guy Betsy a few months ago when we planned our anniversary trip to Australia and Hong Kong. I needed to wait for my new passport before I could apply. During that time, I thought about what I could do to "Pay It Forward" this time.

Well, three weeks ago we decided on what to do... my partner and I made a donation to our local animal shelter. First time since we moved to Athens.

Well, it did not end there.... we adopted a rescue kitten! Her name is Peaches and she is adorable.

(cannot figure out how to change orientation of pictures!)

Thank you again Guy Betsy for what you do!

Last edited by wharvey; Jun 12, 2014 at 3:45 pm
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:49 pm
mk1

Programs: KE Morning Calm; AA Plat
Thanks for doing this. I just made a donation to Food and Friends in Washington, DC.

This organization provides home delivered meals to people with AIDS, those who are terminally ill (usually cancer), and home-bound senior citizens. Check them out if you are interested: http://www.foodandfriends.org
Old Jul 12, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
I know this isn't in the same league as what most other people have been proposing. But I'll take my housemate (who's leaving the country) out for dinner before she leaves.
And, I've recently (last week) helped an American girl moving to my city with a free place to crash for a few days, plus some nitty-gritties of settling into a new city.
My travel companion to Australia - we're both going to our friends' wedding - will also get lots of my luggage space for free, as I'm flying on SQ while she's most probably flying on a budget airline.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:01 pm

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat
My partner and I will buy food for five homeless/people-in-need that we meet in SYD; happily.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
? We are flying (Fiji Air) LAX-NAN-SYD in March of 2015. We know that we will need visas for SYD, but are unsure how far in advance is appropriate or necessary. Secondly, do we need anything for Fiji? In the past the paperwork for SYD was handled for us by UA.

Thank you
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K - DL Million Miler - AS 100K
Thanks

Boy you know when your getting old when you go from senior moments to senior weeks. Thought I had posted my thanks for helping me and the better half out last year.

Anyway, better late than never. Wanted to posted that I made a contribution to the Schriners Burn Hospital for Children in Galveston, Texas. They take care of children with severe burns without regards to the parents ability to pay. It is one of three Shriner's Hospitals in the United States that exclusively provides burn care.

Once again, thanks guys for all you do for the members of group.

Houston Traveler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.