Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NW Appreciation Event v2.0 (Here At Last)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:31 pm
Company Representative - Northwest Airlines

Programs: NW WorldPerks
Our Res Agents were talking about this event in a staff meeting today and were so thrilled about it. Thank you to all the people that have donated. We sincerely appreciate it!
Old Nov 25, 2008, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by NW scoop
Our Res Agents were talking about this event in a staff meeting today and were so thrilled about it. Thank you to all the people that have donated. We sincerely appreciate it!
Now if you can just get them to stop adding that last word, "Thank you for calling NW/KLM/Delta when you finish a call!
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Change for last day to give

We are almost at $1700 of of today 11/28. Remember Saturday at 23:59 is the last time to give. I need to send the check to NW Sunday AM.

Thanks

Henry

Last edited by hnewman; Nov 28, 2008 at 7:17 am
Old Nov 28, 2008, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Just bumping to echo what Henry said, we're in the last day of the "drive" and must close the books on the 30th.

The generosity of FlyerTalkers says it all. Thankfully, NWA has taken notice and so has Delta. We're making a difference.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Late breaking update

We have broken the $1700 mark as of this AM 11/29. As mentioned tonight at 23:59 is the last time to give. Thanks to all who have given the agents will really appreciate it.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Thanks for all your efforts on this drive.....

A check? How about having NW charge to your WP Visa and getting some miles for it?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 6:24 am
Original Poster

We discussed that but

Originally Posted by Pick2LiteMSP
Thanks for all your efforts on this drive.....

A check? How about having NW charge to your WP Visa and getting some miles for it?
Since NW is matching what we put in neither of us wanted to pay the USBank fee so that all of it goes to the agents. It is for them and as mentioned I am paying the Paypal fees that is how we (NW and myself) both feel.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 7:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
I spoke to Elite CSR Pauline at Chisholm today (no, not for an AM18/19 itin, the one for which I'm still awaiting a return to NWA.COM). She transacted my award change request in the customarily helpful and efficient way, for which we are eternally appreciative.

I thanked her for her help, drew attention to our appreciation of the unrivalled quality of redtail elite customer service and asked her if she was aware of the party and she said that she had been informed but that she had not been "invited" to participate.

Scoopy: I hope there isn't some sort of selectivity being enforced about who can benefit from the party/celebration?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, UA 1K MM, DL Plat Hyatt Globalist, MGM Noir
In under the wire.

Just sent my donation. Better late than never.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Donations have ended

We ended with $1730 and 59 people. I want to thank everyone including the special Santa who is sending gift cards. I am sure it will be all appreciated. 15 people will be attending the DO.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by redtailshark

I thanked her for her help, drew attention to our appreciation of the unrivalled quality of redtail elite customer service and asked her if she was aware of the party and she said that she had been informed but that she had not been "invited" to participate.

Scoopy: I hope there isn't some sort of selectivity being enforced about who can benefit from the party/celebration?
I can answer from our end at least: a few employees have been selected by NWA to attend a kick-off event where we will present the check to NW.

NOT EVERYONE KNOWS, SO DON'T RUIN SURPRISE IF YOU CALL: Within a week or so each call center will have a celebration for all staff thanks to the donations of everyone here (with a match by NW's Exec in charge of Reservations!). Example: the Chisholm team are big fans of a local Chinese restaurant, who will be bringing in a buffet for them over 2 shifts to cover everyone. The balance of our funds will go to gift card raffles at each event.

Again, huge thanks to everyone who contributed.
Old Dec 7, 2008, 1:05 am

Thumbs up Delayed Thanks

As a former Elite Agent however wasn't able to participate last year. I want to acknowledge the fact that the members here are recognizing the Elite Agents again is awesome. I enjoyed my time as an Elite Agent helping meet the diverse needs of our Platinum and Gold members. I just was speaking with another supervisor the other day saying how I missed the line. Again, thank you for your efforts. They are appreaciated.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update on the funding

Here's an update on the funding:

$1,555 rcv'd from all you great folks to hnewman
$250 from Randy Petersen
$175 went toward the banner cost
$100 in gift cards (Target) -- anonymous donor
--------------------
$2,080 raised from FlyerTalker's
$2,080 matching funds from NWA's VP of Reservations
-------------
$4,160 total
- $175 for banner
-------------
$3,985 split based on headcount between MSP, SEA, and IRC (Chisholm) offices.

There will be a party for each of the three reservation centers as well as small increment gift cards (via drawing) for the agents.

(What's not included is hnewman absorbing the PayPal fees as well as his hard work organizing the payments. ^^ thezipper played a huge role in getting the VP to match our funds with his own money. ^^)

Needless to say we far surpassed last year and being the 2nd year we've done this, NWA has taken notice. Pictures of the party and banners should be forthcoming after each center has their party.

The messages many of the donors sent for the banner range from simple thanks to inspiring words of appreciation to personal examples of help from the agents. It was an honor to layout all of them into one banner that I'm sure will stay up in one of the Res centers for a long time.

Once again, kudos and thanks to everyone who has donated.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 5:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
WOW! Thanks for the numbers!

Special thanks to everyone involved making these events happen, esp hnewman.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 6:21 am
Original Poster

The banner is wonderful

Folks itsaboutjourney did an amazing job on the banner. All of the quotes that I was given are on it. It is something that the agents will be proud of.

Thank to all again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.