Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2.5 Hours in HEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

2.5 Hours in HEL

I have a 2.5 hour layover in HEL and wondering if I have enough time to leave the airport for the city centre?

Say 30 mins to get there, hang out for 30 mins, then 30 mins to get back. That brings me back 1 hr before departure. Is this realistic?

Thanks
Old Mar 7, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by cfo314
I have a 2.5 hour layover in HEL and wondering if I have enough time to leave the airport for the city centre?

Say 30 mins to get there, hang out for 30 mins, then 30 mins to get back. That brings me back 1 hr before departure. Is this realistic?
Not really. It takes more than 30 minutes from your arrival to city center even if you are really fast. I'd say 45 minutes minimum if you are really fast and 60 minutes if not. Going back leaving city center 1,5 hours before departure is enough but that leaves you just 15 minutes hanging out and that if you are fast and lucky.

There are places to visit little closer but honestly with 2,5 hour layover I would just hang out there. HEL ain't a bad place to be.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
During rush hours, i.e. 8am and 16 +/- 2hours, don't do it.

Outside those hours it may be an option if you are not a stressy guy. The safest way though is to take the train for fixed schedules (they might fail however, due to strike/weather/whatever) or taxi (not necessarily fastest, but for flexilibity, but the risk is getting jammed if something is going on in traffic). Minimum half an hour one-way, in any case.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.