Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Nordic Region
Reload this Page >

Oslo transfer non-Schengen to non-Schengen needs visa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

I have looked up online for a day but did not find a clear answer, so I post it here.

I have booked a Norwegian Air ticket from Boston to Oslo in June. Now something has changed and I have to continue flying to Moscow. An economic option is to book an Aeroflot ticket from Oslo to Moscow, which gives a layover time of 3 hours at Oslo airport.

My question is:
My nationality requires a Schengen visa to enter Schengen Zone, which I do not have. I have NO checked bags. For this non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer at Oslo, is it feasible to transfer at airside without a Schengen visa?

I have read a post saying that all the international flights arrive at the lower level non-Schengen Zone, the end of the international wing. Is it possible to stay at non-Schengen Zone after arriving and go to the Aeroflot flight gate directly to get my boarding pass?

From the official Oslo Airport website, it has the following instruction:
Coming from Non-Schengen bound for Non-Schengen:
Contact the border control for help to get to the non-Schengen transit area.
https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-ai...nsfer/transfer

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old May 13, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Lovid
I have looked up online for a day but did not find a clear answer, so I post it here.

I have booked a Norwegian Air ticket from Boston to Oslo in June. Now something has changed and I have to continue flying to Moscow. An economic option is to book an Aeroflot ticket from Oslo to Moscow, which gives a layover time of 3 hours at Oslo airport.

My question is:
My nationality requires a Schengen visa to enter Schengen Zone, which I do not have. I have NO checked bags. For this non-Schengen to non-Schengen transfer at Oslo, is it feasible to transfer at airside without a Schengen visa?

I have read a post saying that all the international flights arrive at the lower level non-Schengen Zone, the end of the international wing. Is it possible to stay at non-Schengen Zone after arriving and go to the Aeroflot flight gate directly to get my boarding pass?

From the official Oslo Airport website, it has the following instruction:
Coming from Non-Schengen bound for Non-Schengen:
Contact the border control for help to get to the non-Schengen transit area.
https://avinor.no/en/airport/oslo-ai...nsfer/transfer

Thanks for your help in advance!
Sorry no one could answer your question but I have a friend in the exact same situation and if you could let me know what happened that would be very helpful. Thanks!
Old May 15, 2017, 6:44 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
I sent the question to Passenger Services at OSL, and received the following answer today:

Når det gjelder reise non-schengen – non schengen, er det et transitpunkt som de går gjennom en utgang til venstre for passkontrollen for å komme ned til avgangsnivå. Dette er betjent av Nokas og er betjent mellom 0600 – 2300. Ankommer man utenom dette tidspunkt og reiser etter dette, må man ha visum. Det er skiltet

Translated: There is a transfer point for travellers non-schengen-non-schengen to the left of passport control. This transfer point is staffed between 06.00 and 23.00 and allows access directly to the non-Schengen departure hall. The transfer point is signposted. Passengers arriving outside these hours must have a visa
Old May 15, 2017, 7:11 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
There is also some, slightly different, information here: https://avinor.no/en/airport/practic...nsfer/transfer
Old May 15, 2017, 1:21 pm

Isn't there the problem that as this is not booked on a single ticket, the airline doing the first flight might not even allow boarding due to the lack of the visa? From the stated routing it sounds like the Norwegian flight - when boarding Norwegian sees that OP doesn't have the required documents to enter Norway, so he won't be allowed on the plane, even if a separate itinerary for a connecting flight is presented. Or do the airlines accept this (because theoretically they are still liable if for whatever reason OP misses the second flight)?
Old May 16, 2017, 1:01 pm

Not having a visa for transit destination is pretty common - airlines normally allow boarding with proof of onward travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.