Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Parking at Yankee Stadium

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I am not saying it will be the same, but apparently the NJT really messed up the trains at Giants Stadium for the U2 Shows. There were over three hour waits, with many people having to get a cab or car service to get out of there the last couple nights. They very underplanned the trains they would need and promptly blamed it on the lack of ticket machines and people who did not purchase round trip tickets in advance.

I don't know if that's the case at Yankee Stadium or not, but if you do plan the train make sure you find out first. I would assume it is not that way at Yankee Stadium as it's easier for them to have trains stop there then it was to spur them to the football stadium, but getting out of a show at 11:30 and still being packed into zig zag barricades till 2:30 is insane.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
So, I just wanted to report back that I followed dhammer's suggestion, and it worked perfectly. I took a right on 153rd Street off of the Grand Concourse and saw the sign for the $10 lot, but was able to park for free on the street. The walk to the Stadium was about 15 minutes, and I didn't feel at all uncomfortable doing it (including on the way back, when I was walking alone).

On the way back to Boston, instead of going back to the Grand Concourse to the Deegan, I followed my gps, which took me up to 161st Street, where I took a right, and then followed that to a left on 3rd Avenue, which took me to the Cross Bronx. Traffic was a breeze (I recognize I got lucky; I've certainly experienced the parking lot that the Cross Bronx often can be) until I hit 95, at which point a series of bottlenecks led me to cut over to the Merritt in Norwalk, and I breezed the rest of the way.

Thanks, all, for the suggestions!
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nice game you attended, Blumie!

Not sure how many know this, but all 4 New York games (Yankees, Jets, Giants, Mets) started at 1pm yesterday, something that has not happened in years. The 1pm start time was in consideration to the many fans whose observance of Yom Kippur began at sundown.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 1:07 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Didn't realize the Mets were at 1pm, too. I did notice that the other three were all at one, and thought that it was weird! Though Yom totally makes it rational.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 2:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
First time since Oct. 14, 1984 the Jets and Giants played at the same time.

For the Giants fans, a game to remember (in infamy). That was the day that the future Jets coach, Herm Edwards, had a pretty famous interception.

http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/...n-84-1.1468380
Old Sep 28, 2009, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Analise
The 1pm start time was in consideration to the many fans whose observance of Yom Kippur began at sundown.
Not that I'm observant, but the fact that my firm's tickets at Yankee Stadium include unlimited food made the game the perfect pre-Yom Kippur outing! I'll be back at the Stadium Tuesday night (albeit by subway this time), for a belated break-fast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.