Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxi at US's LGA terminal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Taxi at US's LGA terminal

I took the shuttle from BOS for the first time in ages last week. Flight was fine (though I was surprised that the 8am shuttle was only 2/3 filled on a plane that barely holds 100 people), but getting a cab was ridiculous. The taxi stand outside the US terminal was closed, and I had to walk to somewhere near the World's Fair site (or it seemed that way) to get to a cab stand. Did I miss something, or is this yet another feature of flying to LaGuardia?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
There is a ton o construction going on at LGA. at Terminal C, they are building a parking garage and I think a power plant. So it has messed up a bunch of things. I agree that taxis are difficult to get there, but Uber has been pretty easy to snag.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Uber.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
There are tons of threads in the NYC forum dealing with transportation options to/from area airports into the city.

I'll move your thread over to that forum.

aztimm
Old Apr 23, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

When I've used Uber, I just put the pin at my address and the Uber car comes by, How does that work at LGA, if I'm standing in front of the US Airways terminal (which is by no means near the main entrance to LGA)?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Black car service -- dial all sixes. (Carmel)
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by wideman
When I've used Uber, I just put the pin at my address and the Uber car comes by, How does that work at LGA, if I'm standing in front of the US Airways terminal (which is by no means near the main entrance to LGA)?
The driver typically calls or texts me for my specific location.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by wideman
Huh? You put the pin where you are standing. (And then usually the driver calls to clarify which level.)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Uber will identify the car and they have gPS of your location so they drive to your location and just look for them and jump in fast.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks to those responding -- I did use Uber, and it worked out extremely well. (Though I initially jumped into the wrong Uber vehicle, as it turns out that lots of people had the same idea).
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:21 pm

Uber is very popular in NYC. I always double-check the car's license plate against the info on the app (same with Lyft) before getting in the car. I find that Lyft drivers are more diligent about asking for your name when you get in, though.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The driver is supposed to confirm your name and you should confirm his (and the plates on the vehicle).

While not usually an issue at LGA, at other larger airports, you can either call the driver or the driver will call you with a door and lane #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.