Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New York City
Reload this Page >

Terminal Transfers at JFK between DL and LH.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador

I'm flying into JFK today with DL from DCA, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at T2, is there a transfer from T2 to T1 so I can catch my LH flight later tonight without having to go through security all over again?

Thanks in advance for any insight, search wasn't very helpful to me regarding this.
Old May 2, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by kcmd
I'm flying into JFK today with DL from DCA, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at T2, is there a transfer from T2 to T1 so I can catch my LH flight later tonight without having to go through security all over again?

Thanks in advance for any insight, search wasn't very helpful to me regarding this.
No, there isn't. You'll need to ride the "All Terminals" AirTrain one stop from the T2/T3 station to T1, about a two-minute ride. (Make sure that you board the correct AirTrain; otherwise, you could be riding for more than half an hour before you get to T1.)
Old May 2, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Thanks! Appreciate the quick reply!
Old May 2, 2015, 5:19 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
For more discussion, I'll move the thread to the NYC forum, where questions about NYC area airport connections, including intra-terminal, are often discussed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:34 am

T4

I think you'll actually be arriving at T4 seeing as DL moved its RJ operation there.

That said, the advice is the same. You should go to the AirTrain and the "All Terminals" train 2 stops to Terminal 1.

It is very easy. The most annoying part I suspect will be the walk from the RJ area in T4 to the AirTrain station - it's long!! That said, you'll get to see Delta's new, extended B concourse in T4.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:37 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCAIR1234
I think you'll actually be arriving at T4 seeing as DL moved its RJ operation there.

That said, the advice is the same. You should go to the AirTrain and the "All Terminals" train 2 stops to Terminal 1.

It is very easy. The most annoying part I suspect will be the walk from the RJ area in T4 to the AirTrain station - it's long!! That said, you'll get to see Delta's new, extended B concourse in T4.
Is "inner loop" a better description?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.