Quiet East Midtown bars?

Subscribe
My office is at 52nd and Lex, and I'm interviewing a guy for my MBA program on Thursday night. I usually let interviewees pick whether they'd like to come to my office, Starbucks, or get a drink. He is the first person to opt for the drink, and I realized I don't know any place to go!

What are some bars in the area that are quiet-ish at 5pm-ish on a Thursday and would be an OK atmosphere for a glass of wine and chatting for an hour?

Restaurant bars, hotel bars, bar bars, anything works.

Thanks!
Quiet on a Thursday arvo, that'll be interesting. Steer clear of anything on 2nd or 3rd avenue. It will probably have to be a hotel bar like the Opia on 57th and Lex or The National which is on the same corner as your office.
Options are hotel bars on a Thursday

FireSide at the Omni on 52nd & Madison
Monkey Bar - not sure of hotel but 54th bet Mad & Park.

As other indicate on Thursday everything else East of you is swamped.
Lobby lounge (not the bar) at the W on Lex.
Would the King Cole Bar at the St. Regis New York be too fancy? It also might be a little far from where you want but it might also wow your interviewee!
Quote: Would the King Cole Bar at the St. Regis New York be too fancy? It also might be a little far from where you want but it might also wow your interviewee!
Excellent idea! But yes, too fancy.
Mr. K's has a great bar. Excellent appetizers as well. And the location couldn't be closer to your office.
Quote: Mr. K's has a great bar. Excellent appetizers as well. And the location couldn't be closer to your office.
Cool. Is it quiet after work, with a table to take notes on?

Thanks!
I wouldn't say it's quiet (where is it quiet in NYC?), but it's not noisy. I used to go there almost every evening when I worked at 53rd and Lex, but I have to admit I haven't been there in about 5 years. So hopefully it hasn't changed much!
Wound up going to the W. It was fine. The music wasn't too loud; instead, it kept each conversation private. Not too crowded either.

But my glass of over-oxidized pinot noir was $18. Ah, NYC hotel bars...
Quote: Wound up going to the W. It was fine. The music wasn't too loud; instead, it kept each conversation private. Not too crowded either.

But my glass of over-oxidized pinot noir was $18. Ah, NYC hotel bars...
You're welcome; I think.