Access to JFK Terminal 5 if not on JetBlue / B6

Subscribe
Will I be allowed to go into terminal 5 (want to shop at Muji during a layover) if I'm not flying Jet Blue? If yes, will I need to clear security or is there a way to get from the United/CO terminal without having to go via security.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I would be highly surprised if you could.
The official answer is no. You need to clear security and you need a valid BP.

That said, I've booked refundable tickets a few times to get past the TSA there, most recently to go to a concert. My main suggestion should you go this route is to pick a flight that is more than 3 hours out from when you plan to cancel. Once the flight goes to airport control getting unchecked in can be quite difficult and they cannot refund the ticket if you are still checked in. Also, you must refund prior to the plane's departure or your refundable value converts to a JetBlue credit.
Quote: Will I be allowed to go into terminal 5 (want to shop at Muji during a layover) if I'm not flying Jet Blue? If yes, will I need to clear security or is there a way to get from the United/CO terminal without having to go via security.
TSA changed the rules in you favor about 2-1/2 years ago. So long as you have a valid BP for the station (JFK) on the day in question, you can enter any checkpoint. I am presuming that you will have a UA BP for the date in question.

You will almost certainly be told that you are at the wrong terminal, but that's a courtesy and informational.
Quote: TSA changed the rules in you favor about 2-1/2 years ago. So long as you have a valid BP for the station (JFK) on the day in question, you can enter any checkpoint. I am presuming that you will have a UA BP for the date in question.

You will almost certainly be told that you are at the wrong terminal, but that's a courtesy and informational.
You have a source for this?
Will try if I have enough time and report back. I tried googling but couldn't find any info. Thanks all!
These two FT threads seem to report mixed results:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...-terminal.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...-terminal.html

Good luck.