Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > New England
Reload this Page >

How far inland do I need to travel to see fall foliage in ME?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How far inland do I need to travel to see fall foliage in ME?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
That's about 5 1/2 hours roughly, depending on CBP/CBSA for whichever direction you're heading.
Yep, took us about 5 hours and 15 mins, including US CBP ordering us to turn off the car while they went through our bags.

Route 201 in northern Maine is beautiful and uninhabited. A couple towns with "Population 30" or so listed on the "Welcome" sign. No cell phone service to speak of.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 7:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks so much.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Can I get a "fall colors" update from one of the locals? We should be there (the coast) in prime time I hope-10/11>10/15. ^

I'll be checking http://www.maine.gov/dacf/mfs/projec...ge/index.shtml tomorrow for an update too.

Thanks
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was there last week and some tree's are turning but not much, it was just TOO damn hot, in Bar Harbor it was 92 degrees! But mid Oct hopefuly the weather would have cooled down...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by philemer
Can I get a "fall colors" update from one of the locals? We should be there (the coast) in prime time I hope-10/11>10/15. ^
There's still some great color available thanks to the above-normal temperatures we've had the last couple weeks. I'm pretty sure you'll see it most of your drive from Portland to Bar Harbor whether on the coast or inland.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by lo2e
There's still some great color available thanks to the above-normal temperatures we've had the last couple weeks. I'm pretty sure you'll see it most of your drive from Portland to Bar Harbor whether on the coast or inland.
Good news. Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
Just watched the local forecast in Boston. Showing "low color" north of Boston to Portland and "moderate color" north of Portland. The color in Sugarloaf is gorgeous (from photo from viewer.) Enjoy your trip!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:31 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
philemer, it appears you timed your trip rather perfectly, there is absolutely glorious color throughout southern and central Maine right now. If you're not seeing it on the coast, come inland a little bit (the I-295 corridor would be plenty inland to see it if you even need to go that far).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.