BOS-HKG on Cathay Pacific begins May 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-HKG on Cathay Pacific begins May 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by getmethere
Just completed BOS/HKG round trip in July. Outbound took 14hours instead of 16. Return flight was two hours longer than 16, an hour delay at HKG didn't help.
Seats (all?) were reassigned at HKG for unknown reasons. Got an upgrade to Premium Economy though!

Both flights were full. Attendants spoke multiple Chinese dialects. One attendant made frequent visits to a toilet close to my seat. I suspect that she was cleaning it.

Meals were so so.
I'm taking this route next week. The only down side I can see is that leaving at 2am means no lounges are open at Logan (can anyone confirm?). I'm traveling in F this trip, and it kind of sucks not getting the full experience.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Lostabroad
I'm taking this route next week. The only down side I can see is that leaving at 2am means no lounges are open at Logan (can anyone confirm?). I'm traveling in F this trip, and it kind of sucks not getting the full experience.
Pretty sure it's been mentioned somewhere that the BA lounge is open for this flight.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Lostabroad
Can you comment if there was any difference in the meals? I'd like to hear about the meal experience!

I am looking at F on the BOS flight and if there is an abbreviated meal I'd be inclined to take the shuttle to JFK to get the full experience with regards to that.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Cathay Pacific's website says the BA lounge is open until 1:45am.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:35 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by icKyleB
Can you comment if there was any difference in the meals? I'd like to hear about the meal experience!

I am looking at F on the BOS flight and if there is an abbreviated meal I'd be inclined to take the shuttle to JFK to get the full experience with regards to that.
All long haul Cathay flights are fully catered and dine on demand in their First cabin.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:53 am

Having trouble trying to book F award space w/ AA miles. It's been great to see BOS increase regular direct flights to more corners of the world. Really want to take this flight!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by fly7b2
Having trouble trying to book F award space w/ AA miles. It's been great to see BOS increase regular direct flights to more corners of the world. Really want to take this flight!
When is your departure date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.