Wiki Posts
Search

Boston cruise hotels.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Boston cruise hotels.

I will be embarking on a New England cruise out of Boston on a Saturday. Are there any recommendations for a hotel on Friday that would have easy access (better yet, a shuttle) to the port?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:25 pm

If you are leaving from the Black Falcon Terminal, there are three hotels, that I call, with in walking distance of the terminal.

Seaport Boston Hotel
1 Seaport Ln, Boston, MA
(617) 385-4000

The Westin Boston Waterfront
425 Summer St, Boston, MA
(617) 532-4600

Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel
606 Congress St, Boston, MA
(617) 338-4111

Don't know if they have shuttles, but cab rides should be very cheap.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The Renaissance Waterfront and the Westin Waterfront are both located within half a mile of the cruise terminal. There are several other hotels in the Seaport district.

ETA: Lamronba types faster than I do.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
If you are just flying into BOS the night before the cruise & not planning to do a lot of downtown sightseeing, unsure of your lodging budget (or using points) - you might want to check the rates for the Courtyard in South Boston, just off I-93 behind/on the edge of a large shopping mall. The Holiday Inn Express is next door w. free parking for registered guests. We've stayed there in 2013 - they offer regular/free airport shuttle & to the cruise piers when ships are docked. We drove 10 minutes up to Chinatown for some great Vietnamese dinner.

Rates during the busy Fall New England/Canada season aren't going to dropped - you could try Priceline or Hotwire on possibly getting a lower rate. I've posted a pictorial review on Trip Advisor for the property if you decided to read some of them.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
thanks to all. I will be travelling with my 83 year old father, so the simpler the better.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Since you haven't listed any hotel program preferences or budget there is little to go on short of distance and convenience.

Assuming you will not be walking, even a few blocks, if you are with an octogenarian. Also assuming you will have luggage.

Any of the hotels throughout the Seaport or even downtown are going to be a short taxi ride. Shouldn't be any traffic to deal with since it is a Saturday unless there is some enormous event at the BCEC or World Trade Center.

Might be easiest to just stay at the airport Hilton/Hyatt/ES and use their shuttle to get picked up when you arrive then take a cab to the terminal on Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.