Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ES at RSW

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
2 different rentals mid-November. The lot was kind of messed up with construction - hard to determine where the ES area was. I took a Challenger about midnight the first rental - gal at the kiosk said I could have taken pretty much anything I wanted - too late to bother changing for a 2-day. Back a coupled days later and got a 10-miles new Cadillac ATS. Brand spanking new. Can't recall what else was there - but the lot was still messed up. no complaints though - the baby Caddy was quite pleasant. Going back Thursday morning - will try to give a better report.

I will say that the staff at RSW is particularly pleasant and helpful. Maybe it's the vacation location mindset.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: USAIR Platinum, National EA
I just returned to Alamo yesterday around 8pm and saw the EE aisle. I saw quite a few Charger R/T's, 2 challenger R'T's, 2 V6 Nissan Altima's and one Impala Limited LTZ

I did not see EE/ES when i picked up, but with alamo when I picked up from the full size row they had many 2016 altima 2.5's, Sonata SE and Eco's, 1 camry SE and 2 charger SE's. The convertible section have 2 Wrangler unlimited's, and mustangs in V6, Ecoboost Premium and GT trim all mixed together ^

Overall impressed with the choices at this location and loved it being a quick walk from the baggage claim area.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
ES 6/12 ~9pm
2 x XTS
1 x ATS
a few jeep patriots
A few dodge minivans
1 x QX60
1x charger
1x challenger
1x impala
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: National (Executive)
Thursday, December 1, 2016: Arrived around noon, ES/EA areas both more than half-empty. Picked up a freshly-washed 2016 Challenger from ES.

Executive Service:
1 x Altima
1 x Maxima
1 x Taurus
1 x Challenger
2 x Sorento
2 x Journey
1 x minivan

Peeked into EA and saw a Fusion and a 200.

Sunday, December 4: Upon drop-off, I took another look at the options, which were almost entirely SUVs.

Executive Service:
1 x Murano
2 x Enclave
1 x Malibu
2 x Traverse
1 x Durango
2 x Journey
2 x Sorento
1 x Cherokee

Looked into EA again and saw a couple Libertys.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 1:47 pm

Any recent experiences? Heading down next week, I have low expectations now that I am only EA....

My reservation still states ES as it was booked before I was downgraded at the end of Feb. I wonder if I can still take a car of ES??
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:13 am

Quick Update: This is probably the best run National location I've been too. Everyone was genuinely friendly and helpful, especially the manager, booth agent and the return agent.

Overall selection was varied and fell in line with what should be provided on the aisles and Emerald Reserve areas. Ended up w/ a 300c on a PCAR res, which was fine. I mainly just wanted to share that this location really takes pride in their service!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by tstad
Quick Update: This is probably the best run National location I've been too. Everyone was genuinely friendly and helpful, especially the manager, booth agent and the return agent.

Overall selection was varied and fell in line with what should be provided on the aisles and Emerald Reserve areas. Ended up w/ a 300c on a PCAR res, which was fine. I mainly just wanted to share that this location really takes pride in their service!
How was the executive selection?

We're hoping to snag a larger SUV (expedition/tahoe etc) but I have no experience with this location. DTW is our normal stop and they're always packed to the gills with huge SUV's.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:03 pm

Didn't see any full size SUVs or Mini-vans on the Exec aisle, but there were a lot in over flow. They were super friendly, so my gut says that they would make it happen.

Last edited by tstad; Apr 11, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:57 am

Didn't see any full size SUVs or Mini-vans on the Exec aisle, but there were a lot in over flow. They were super friendly, so my gut says that they would make it happen.
That's what my experience has been at DTW. They typically will not have the big ones under the awning but if I say pretty please they'll give me the pick of the lot unless they have outstanding reservations. Glad to know it's a similar setup here. Thanks!!
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:59 am

I was just asking bc it makes sense (in my mind) for them to have SUV's stacked up at DTW for the winter given the possibility of ice skating or a foot of snow on short notice, but I wasn't sure if they kept the same kind of stock in Florida. I imagined ES having more sporty / convertible / fun cars in Florida for whatever reason
Old May 2, 2017, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by adc1373
I was just asking bc it makes sense (in my mind) for them to have SUV's stacked up at DTW for the winter given the possibility of ice skating or a foot of snow on short notice, but I wasn't sure if they kept the same kind of stock in Florida. I imagined ES having more sporty / convertible / fun cars in Florida for whatever reason
Went to this location yesterday. They are packed to the gills currently, I assume in anticipation of the upcoming end of season holiday rush (Memorial Day). My usual haunt is DTW and their selection can be mediocre at times - this location was s t a c k e d with top of the line everything.

All the usual suspects in executive with some randoms I haven't seen in Detroit namely an Infinity SUV.

If you have a little time - the actual executive section is fairly small but it seems like they try to keep it full so in standing there for 5-10 minutes there was a constant stream of new cars coming in.

My experience with the customer service rep was not as great as everyone else has been touting, could have been a fluke but:

I went to someone on the ground and told him what vehicle I preferred and asked him what if anything he had in overflow that they could offer me. We walked the lot and I found what I wanted so he pulled it around. The guy who was pulling cars was AWESOME. I love him. He had some hilarious stories about ridiculous requests. However, who I assume is the manager gave me some spiel about oh no blah blah upgrade blah blah and showed me some base trim Expedition with cloth seats saying that was my option.

I eventually folded my hand and agreed to upgrade - nearly doubling the cost of my reservation, but thankfully as always a quick call to the phone reps and an explanation of the situation got it sorted and price adjusted back.

I am by no means an unreasonable person, but my relationship and experience with National has built a certain expectation in to me and they've never failed to meet or wildly exceed that expectation so I'm chalking the experience with on-the-ground rep to either a miscommunication or misunderstanding that was sorted out higher up.

It also prob does not help that I don't really look like your typical business traveler / executive qualified member, whatever that look may be, definitely not me.

I am sharing this info for anyone else who might be in my situation where it seems like the on the ground reps might be a little inconsistent/uninformed - granted some of these "rules" like asking for overflow are more of a wink/nudge inside ask, but if you know how to navigate the system both officially and unofficially there are some very nice cars at this location.

Ended up in a low mileage Suburban Premier (the new name for the LTZ trim) so I can't complain.

I'll get a detailed list and try to snag photo's when I return the car. For those unfamiliar with this location
Old May 21, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: National Exec, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Diamond, TR Diamond
Terrible experience Saturday the 20th. Barely anything in ES. A fusion, impala, patriot and 4x Journeys. There were 7 of us and the enterprise guy was in the aisle beside us and told us to go to building in front of lane and they'd get us whatever we wanted. Went there and explained situation and he said "the Journey is as big as we have", the enterprise guy was shocked after I told thim and he went up with my wife and he told them they need to get some More cars and she flat out said "no" and the Journey is the biggest they keep in the ES. She wanted to charge us 13-20 more a day for something larger. In the end we jammed ourselves in the Journey with luggage on our laps and got out of there.

Word of caution, don't expect customer service at this location.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by xfire22
Terrible experience Saturday the 20th. Barely anything in ES. A fusion, impala, patriot and 4x Journeys. There were 7 of us and the enterprise guy was in the aisle beside us and told us to go to building in front of lane and they'd get us whatever we wanted. Went there and explained situation and he said "the Journey is as big as we have", the enterprise guy was shocked after I told thim and he went up with my wife and he told them they need to get some More cars and she flat out said "no" and the Journey is the biggest they keep in the ES. She wanted to charge us 13-20 more a day for something larger. In the end we jammed ourselves in the Journey with luggage on our laps and got out of there.

Word of caution, don't expect customer service at this location.
Technically the station was with-in it's right. National only guarantee's full size vehicles on ES; anything bigger is considered a bonus. Seems a bit foolhardy to depend on the ES aisle to secure a vehicle that comfortably seats 7 and not have a backup reservation for the vehicle size you actually need.
Old May 22, 2017, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Technically the station was with-in it's right. National only guarantee's full size vehicles on ES; anything bigger is considered a bonus. Seems a bit foolhardy to depend on the ES aisle to secure a vehicle that comfortably seats 7 and not have a backup reservation for the vehicle size you actually need.

While that might be true it's not good business to refuse a customer specially when it's ads state you have choices. I mean idk if it was packed or empty but if they had avaliable cars and it was a suv like a Durango, explorer, Santa fae or etc I don't see why not just let them have it. As far as the journey goes I refuse to drive one. Got it offered to me once on a premium suv res and refused it outright. The suv just sucks IMHO
Old May 22, 2017, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Closingracer
While that might be true it's not good business to refuse a customer specially when it's ads state you have choices. I mean idk if it was packed or empty but if they had avaliable cars and it was a suv like a Durango, explorer, Santa fae or etc I don't see why not just let them have it. As far as the journey goes I refuse to drive one. Got it offered to me once on a premium suv res and refused it outright. The suv just sucks IMHO
While yes, it would have been a nice customer gesture to go above and beyond; he can't get upset because he asked and was told no. He made a midsize reservation to access the aisle and only a full-size car is guaranteed.

Like I said before, I would never show up with 7 people with only a aisle reservation and get upset when they don't accommodate me. That doesn't mean the customer service is terrible because I didn't get what I wanted, at the aisle price point. The $15 dollars more per day they were asking him, seems quite reasonable to be put into a Fullsize/Premium SUV or something.

Look at it another way. Would he have shown up to a non-aisle location with a midsize rate and expect to get a 7 seater vehicle normally? My guess would be no.

I agree with your assessment of the Journey btw. Pretty mediocre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.