Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:35 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by sna430
For this year, I have been renting from BOS almost every week. Each week, I noticed the lack of cars in EA and ES. Anytime a car comes, it is immediately taken. This week they were offering a free tank of gas for anyone taking a minivan. I guess that their way of compensation for the lack of cars.
Damn. Where was this offer when I rented from them back in March?! We rent Chrysler T&Cs while in BOS to visit my in-laws. The DVD entertainment system keeps the kids quiet.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by sna430
For this year, I have been renting from BOS almost every week. Each week, I noticed the lack of cars in EA and ES. Anytime a car comes, it is immediately taken. This week they were offering a free tank of gas for anyone taking a minivan. I guess that their way of compensation for the lack of cars.
Wow. When do you fly in? I usually get there late Sunday / early Monday or Monday evening and there's usually a really good selection. All of the rows are at least 75% full.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:49 am

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Co-worker flew in late yesterday and there were 8 cars in EA. 7 of them were Altimas.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by adambrock
Wow. When do you fly in? I usually get there late Sunday / early Monday or Monday evening and there's usually a really good selection. All of the rows are at least 75% full.
I usually arrive around 7:00 to 9:00 am on Tuesday. Out of my weekly trips, around 60% of the times I have been offered the van with the free gas. As soon as any car comes to EA/ES there is someone ready to yank out the employee and jump in the cars. So if you walk around waiting for a car, someone will offer you the van with free gas. Usually the lady wearing a hijab is very nice and the most helpful. I do not like driving a minivan in central Boston so I wait for 10-15 mins and I will be in a car. Pirus for the last 3 times.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Picked up from BOS at 6 PM on the 8th of May (Thursday).

I had a luxury reservation and scanned the ES. All I can remember seeing was an impala or two. There were plenty of vehicles though.

For luxury all there was was a 14 XTS with NJ tags and 13k Miles. Smelled of air freshener rather than leather. I took it, hadn't tried an XTS yet. Felt and drove like an Impala with nicer seats. Had partial XM, is there a trial on?

Interesting note though, is on return the agent was telling me how much he loved the XTS. I asked him if they had the K900s yet. He said no but soon, but they did just get NEW CORVETTEs. Can't wait to try one of those.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:45 am
Suspended

As an EE member, If i have a Luxury Booked, would I be able to snag one of the Audi's or BMW's i occasionally see at the Lot? or would I have to pay an extra amount per day?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2014, 9:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by isaacliu
As an EE member, If i have a Luxury Booked, would I be able to snag one of the Audi's or BMW's i occasionally see at the Lot? or would I have to pay an extra amount per day?

Thanks
Depends - technically you'd have to pay an upgrade fee but if inventory is low you could get lucky.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by isaacliu

Thanks
I've never had a problem getting pretty much any car I want as an EE on a luxury reservation at BOS. I've rented full size or premium when luxury wasn't an option online and been put in an Infinity or Lincoln by explaining the situation.

That said, I rent there 1-3x a month.

I've found the station to be really receptive and a smooth operation.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by agfa
I've never had a problem getting pretty much any car I want as an EE on a luxury reservation at BOS. I've rented full size or premium when luxury wasn't an option online and been put in an Infinity or Lincoln by explaining the situation.

That said, I rent there 1-3x a month.

I've found the station to be really receptive and a smooth operation.
I rent there 1-2X per year. I am impressed w/ their operations as well.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was there at about 7:30am on Thursday morning. They had all sedans on the EA, and all SUVs on the very sparsely populated ES. Most of the SUVs were of the Sorrento/Santa Fe/Compass variety, but I did manage to grab an Acadia.

There were also three convertible sports cars parked for show right when you walked into the garage, trying to dare you into an upsale.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:04 am
Suspended

Okay. I have my fingers crossed. Thanks guys!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:34 am

Hey guys,

I've just made a reservation for a several week LCAR out of BOS in September. I'm really hoping to snag a 2014/2015 CTS. What are my chances?

To be honest I guess I'd be happy with anything in the class bar an old model CTS or a 2.5 variant of the ATS. Whats the LCAR fleet like at this location?
Old Jun 19, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, National EE, HH Diamond
I was there on Tuesday 6/17 around 10 AM. There was a sea of minivans as well as a 2014 Malibu, old model Impala, Hemi Ram, F150 and a few new Yukons in ES. I went with the Malibu since I didn't feel like driving anything huge.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bob111R
I was there on Tuesday 6/17 around 10 AM. There was a sea of minivans as well as a 2014 Malibu, old model Impala, Hemi Ram, F150 and a few new Yukons in ES. I went with the Malibu since I didn't feel like driving anything huge.
I went through about 2 hours later and the selection did not improve. ES was all minivans and SUVs with a total of 3 sedans on the EA. Prius, Sonata, and Impala. I took the Sonata as it is actually my preferred rental and the other two cars were claimed before I had the mirrors adjusted.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:21 am
Suspended

Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Any one have any updates for This location? Im arriving on the 10th and was wondering what the aisle has been like recently..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.