Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Old Sep 20, 08, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l EE.
Cars in EA/ER at BOS

Reservations offers SUV's as Compact, Midsize, Standard, Full Size and Crossover.
Anyone know what vehicles they actually have?

Thx
Old Sep 20, 08, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
BOS is highly variable on the ES and EA - I just don't look at the Emerald Reserve rows, frankly. From the SUV/crossover families I have seen:

Toyota Highlander
Toyota RAV4
Saturn Vue
Jeep Commander
GMC Acadia
Hyundai Santa Fe?
Old Sep 22, 08, 4:53 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Today on the ES at 9:45, you had you choice of a couple Trail Blazers and some minivans. EA had some other small suvs and one Buick Lucerne.

Ever since they merged with the Alamo location, they seem to be inundated with SUV's. So if that's what you're looking for, then you're in luck

They do tend to have some nice cars if you can hit the lot at the right time.

They do have about 10 G8 GT's roaming around the lot. If you can manage to snag one, they are a lot of fun (but not good for gas, less than 19mpg)
Old Sep 22, 08, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Nat'l EE.
Thx for the replies, Any chance of a good selection on a Sunday morning?
Old Sep 23, 08, 10:54 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
I'm guessing you'll be OK. I swapped a car there on a late Friday and they had a very nice selection across the board with all the returns, so depending how many go out on a Saturday, you might be OK. Sunday night and Monday AM seems to be the major rush.
Old Mar 5, 09, 11:06 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
After a series of six poor rentals with Hertz at BOS (as a Five Star Gold), I'm thinking of switching to National at Logan for my twice-month rentals; I have Emerald Club status that I've never used and access to the Emerald Aisle.

Good idea? Bad idea? Anyone have experience with National at BOS, vis-a-vis Hertz there? Any tips?
Old Mar 6, 09, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd View Post

Good idea? Bad idea? Anyone have experience with National at BOS, vis-a-vis Hertz there? Any tips?
Hertz at BOS really stinks. You will do better with National, although car interior cleanliness/windows are not strong points at BOS.
Old Jun 2, 09, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Platinum
Came back from BOS. They had a lot of Kia Amanti's, Hyundai Sonatas, some altimas. I ended up one day with a Volvo s60 and the second time with a Toyota Avalon. Also saw a ford taurus. I was surprised I didn't see many GM cars on the lot.
Old Jul 1, 09, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Executive Selection last Friday night was pretty weak - just the standard Impalas, Kias, etc.

I ended up just upgrading the reservation to a Luxury for $23 (it was a one-day one-way rental) and took an MKX. Unlike other locations -they wouldn't budge on letting me take an SUV from the usual SUV aisle as an exec rental. They said they were on a reservations-only basis for them. Strangely, while an SUV, the MKX is considered a luxury car.
Old Dec 29, 09, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Time for an update. I rented from the EA yesterday afternoon, around 4. Bitter cold - big windchill. The Logan airport location does not have any covered areas for the vehicles, and not a lot of room for that matter. It would be kind fo confusing, but one thing they did have was an attendant waiting there to help you find a car. And they would go out searching for what you wanted, too!

The selection is pretty much all smaller cars - although some more uncommon ones. A handful of Honda Civics, Kias, a few Beetles (been sitting for a while, she said - no one takes them), couple of corollas, she said she could get me a G6 and if I waited they might have a charger coming in, but most of the bigger cars were taken for the holiday week. They also had a few Priuses on the EA. I did not get a chance to check out the ES aisle.
Old May 15, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott & SPG Plat; Hilton Honors Gold; Marriott Gold
Has anyone been to Logan lately and seen what they have available on the EA?

I will be doing a multi-month rental in a few days and making Executive during the rental. Do you think I could sweet talk the agent into giving me something from the ES becasue the rental is so long?
Old May 17, 10, 5:57 am

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Was there yesterday.

There were a couple of Chargers and a bunch of PT Cruisers in the EA.
Old May 18, 10, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, National EE
Wife was there last Tue (7:00 am). She mentioned there were several Ford Escape, a couple of Grand Cherokee, HHRs, Malibus and one Sebring at the EA.
Old May 25, 10, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
There again yesterday morning. Had a bunch of stuff in EA. A couple of Chargers, an Escape, some Malibu's, a Kia SUV, a Hyundai SUV, and a Nissan Cube maybe.
Old Jul 14, 10, 4:20 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm getting ready to do a week rental for a vacation using free rental days. Anyone know what the highest end cars are that Boston has? I put in a reservation for a convertable since it was the most expensive, figuring I could switch down to anything else. Also does anyone have suggestions as to when is the best time to pick up a rental from them? (I can do Monday morning or Sunday afternoon)

Scott

Search this Thread